City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

It simply will not work. It will achieve none of UEFA's aims - because they are the problem - or those of the cartel.

The problem seems to be that instead of the main booty being shared by the original G members the PL seems to have acquired the lions share.
Honour amongst thieves.
And we thought that players such as Sanchez were greedy in preferring a bigger payday at United rather than a lesser goldmine with his original choice Pep.

well as I have said on here many times, here in south America we are no 1 news, all the sports programmes start with city, spend hours talking about city, then Chelsea, then a snippet on united and the arse. Liverpool and spuds are considered also rans. at the moment we have south America sewn up, how long that will last I don't know.
Any idea on the state of City in Central America, ie Mexico?
As this would generally influence on into the US as well.

Any idea on the state of City in Central America, ie Mexico?
As this would generally influence on into the US as well.
mexico is a long way from here, and I have not as yet met any Mexicans so couldn't comment, used to see city shirts in panama though and in costa rica we are well know because of wanchope who is still regarded as a national hero. as prem footy is fairly new to s/c America teams like Liverpool and spuds are not considered big as they have won fuck all in the last few years

I really see this us a Europe against the PL and not specifically aimed at City. What is the point of big TV revenues in the PL if we can only spend a net €90m.

This will lead to transfer fees going down so those record fees for Pogba and Lukaku will look increasingly over the top. And if you want a Mbappe or Neymar clubs would have to sell 5/6 players to raise sufficient funds to stay within the net spend.

It would mean that effectively nobody could buy a player from Spain as they put such high buyout clauses in contracts that no-one could pay the fee and stay within the rules. It will lead to players having to run down their contracts and the Spanish clubs getting no transfer fees as players will run down their contracts and then move to the PL as the wages that they could earn would be way higher than those in Spain for instance

This idea is protectionism on a European scale and it will be interesting to see what the PL do about it. We have Brexit and I think this is the European answer to curb the power of the PL.

I for one do not like the European competitions but I know our leaders do but to me I would much rather win the domestic league than the CL but it should be noted that UEFA would not want to lose the money raised by the British clubs being in their competition so the British clubs do have a strong hand here

It will be interesting to see what develops

Last edited:
not long time ago there's a rumor about World Super League.
the clubs will be playing in major city all over the world.
the money which will generate from this competition will make UCL money like a peanuts.
after Brexit, maybe it's time for PL clubs leaving UCL for good.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-happen-in-a-few-years-says-director-of-epfl

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/world-super-league-clubs-europe-8795828

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...director-manchester-united-city-a7233496.html

Last edited:
they should take them to court. Do it once and then the fuckers will squirm.
This is a La Liga/ Serie A /Bundesliga thing because they know if things keep going this way with the money from TV rights etc they won't be able to get within a bulls roar of the Premier League in terms of keeping/attracting the worlds best players.
Post Messi they are fucked if the likes of Neymar etc look elsewhere to play.
Fuck the ****s, they had it their own way for decades, now is the time to go in for the kill and bury them.

Let me get this straight, you have to have a net spend of no more than £90mill, no matter how big your club is? With the TV money most English clubs will be able to afford that so surely they will just pay more money in wages, signing on fees etc? No one outside England will want a long contract stopping them earning a lot more money in England, thus big names will continuously move for nothing! It will create an auction of wages rather than transfer fees. What would be the point of foreign clubs developing talent that moves on for nothing? It can't be as simple as that, but even if it wasn't I am confident our owners (and other ELP owners) will run rings around it.

On the other hand young developing talent in the UK could be used as a mean to offset spends above the limit (a bit like Chelsea are doing at the moment). At the end of the day money talks and whoever has the most wins, no matter what restrictions are put in place.

Let me get this straight, you have to have a net spend of no more than £90mill, no matter how big your club is? With the TV money most English clubs will be able to afford that so surely they will just pay more money in wages, signing on fees etc? No one outside England will want a long contract stopping them earning a lot more money in England, thus big names will continuously move for nothing! It will create an auction of wages rather than transfer fees. What would be the point of foreign clubs developing talent that moves on for nothing? It can't be as simple as that, but even if it wasn't I am confident our owners (and other ELP owners) will run rings around it.

On the other hand young developing talent in the UK could be used as a mean to offset spends above the limit (a bit like Chelsea are doing at the moment). At the end of the day money talks and whoever has the most wins, no matter what restrictions are put in place.

Wait... I thought TV revenue does not count only revenue generated from the sale of other players?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.