City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: "City face Euro Expulsion"

Prestwich_Blue said:
The rags PR machine is getting a bit desperate. Anything to take the pressure off wee Davey.

Ding.

FFP regulations are perfectly clear and have been through the review stage where everybody had their chance to challenge them.

There is on potential challenge to be made; that £20m of income from related parties is above fair value. We could lose a couple of million off of our total.

That's it.

Despite what David Conn completely incorrect writes, and it angers me that an ex-lawyer can be so wrong on such an important detail because he wants it to be correct, the Etihad deal cannot be challenged as a related party transaction as none of the definitions for what related parties mean in the UEFA document fit the relationship between City and Etihad.

sam-caddick said:
Funny how this comes out just before we play Chelsea!
That was my thought. Mourinho feeding the press a line.

Do they think this will unsettle our players? Most don't speak English and few if any understand FFP/accounting rules.

And in a heartbeat utds EIGHT defeat In a piss poor season is brushed under the carpet...
Where the headline should scream "billy smart cocks it up again for the champions" we find a little square amongst the bullshit saying utd get beat again.....

Marvin said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The rags PR machine is getting a bit desperate. Anything to take the pressure off wee Davey.
Possibly Mourinho whispers to press after the pre-match press conference?

Doesn't look like there's much in it - just speculation designed to unsettle City
If it's Herbert it's the rags, believe me. He also collaborates with Nick Harris quite a lot.

From the Daily Mail.........

On Saturday night Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, who faces City on Monday in the game of the season so far, accused some unnamed clubs of ‘dodgy FFP’.

He said: ‘There are clubs that are following exactly the project of Financial Fair Play and there are other clubs doing it in a dodgy way. For me, that is very clear. I don’t say the clubs — that is not my job.’

When asked specifically about City, and a potential UEFA investigation, he added: ‘It’s for Mr Platini and other people to analyse it, it’s not for me… I’m waiting for that.’

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2550222/Rivals-ganging-ban-City-Liverpool-Chelsea-Arsenal-test-Champions-League-ruling-Financial-Fair-Play.html#ixzz2s7E7TAEZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2s7E7TAEZ</a>

So Uefa are going to ban the most exciting team in Europe from their competition? That's not going to devalue the product, is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.