City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Follow up piece about PSG after UEFA said they’d launch an investigation. Well worth a read. Didn’t realise how deep seeded PSG were.

https://www.otbfootball.net/all-for-show-uefas-investigation-into-psg/

Same website did that piece about how La Liga we’re rich to complain about us. Good summary and there’s a link to the original article about us at the start of the page.
Wow I wonder what the "there's no conspiracy" experts who try and ridicule and deride everyone for daring to suggest it on here have to say about this?

So if I understand it right the French and Qatari big wigs are the ones "ruining football" and they are knee deep in UEFA. This needs more coverage, especially if they do fake investigations on PSG as a precursor to coming after us... thankfully I think our owners will have lawyers all over it at the drop of a hat if they make that mistake.

No wonder Andy Gray and Richard Keys have nothing good to say about City... Bien Sports and their connections are at the forefront of the media bias most likely.

Last edited:
Wow I wonder what the "there's no conspiracy" experts who try and ridicule and deride everyone for daring to suggest it on here have to say about this?

So if I understand it right the French and Qatari big wigs are the ones "ruining football" and they are knee deep in UEFA. This needs more coverage, especially if they do fake investigations on PSG as a precursor to coming after us... thankfully I think our owners will have lawyers all over it at the drop of a hat if they make that mistake.

No wonder Andy Gray and Richard Keys have nothing good to say about City... Bien Sports and their connections are at the forefront of the media bias most likely.

Yeah and after reading you can understand why La Liga were so upset about PSG. I think they mentioned us just out of frustration. The PSG deals and connections with BeIN Sports, Al Jazeera and FIFA etc are conveniently not mentioned by the media. The fact that even Bloody Blatter thought the Qatar stuff was corrupt says it all really

No wonder Andy Gray and Richard Keys have nothing good to say about City.
That’s hysterical bullocks. Both have tipped City to win the league this year and have been waxing lyrical about us all season long.

Andy has told me that at Sky they always had to follow the script but that they are given full journalistic discretion at Bein to call it as they see it. Bein Sports and their associates pundits are far more complimentary to City that Sky or BT Sports and it’s always seeming Peter Reid or Bellamy or Allen bigging us up every other week.

The PSG deals and connections with BeIN Sports, Al Jazeera and FIFA etc are conveniently not mentioned by the media.
Because it’s a non story.

Bein Sports also has exclusive rights to the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga so “supports all of those leagues” just as much as it does the French League. That article, other than mentioning the (already in public domain) information about Platini, his son, the WC and French-Qatari trade deals is completely myopic and useless.

That’s hysterical bullocks. Both have tipped City to win the league this year and have been waxing lyrical about us all season long.

Andy has told me that at Sky they always had to follow the script but that they are given full journalistic discretion at Bein to call it as they see it. Bein Sports and their associates pundits are far more complimentary to City that Sky or BT Sports and it’s always seeming Peter Reid or Bellamy or Allen bigging us up every other week.
Begrudgingly... I don't watch Bein Sports but every major talking point last season Andy Gray embarrassed himself with the utterly stupid lengths he'd go to discredit Pep, the mans a clown and it's plain to see he doesn't like City... some of the stuff he comes out with is Chris Sutton levels of shite.

I made a point about it being good for us because they are our canary down the mine with their recent spending, I'm sure they'd love to do us over but I'm not sure they could do it without hurting themselves even more in the process.

On the subject of sponsors, I think it's quite interesting that despite us being one of the most watched teams in the most watched league, our sponsorship value according to forbes is down in 8th place which is below Barca(what were they saying?), the Rags, Chelsea, Arsenal(what is it Arsenal fans say about us getting round FFP with our sponsor?) and Liverpool. Were are only getting $3m more than Spurs who haven't been in the champions league half as much as us.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...most-valuable-soccer-teams-2017/#351f0e0177ea

I honestly think we could get more if we wanted and it would be "value" for any sponsor despite that la liga reps moaning, viewing figures are just as if not more important than shirt sales. In the US last year we topped the list for the largest audience for televised games, I would be surprised if Brazilians aren't following Jesus as much as possible given his superstar status over there(in fact we have to be strong in South America surely? Argentina and Chile etc), China we must be growing in too judging by the reception the players get whenever we visit and the new share holders working their magic.

as I have stated many times on here, the 2 most popular shirts are Chelsea and city in this great continent. never seen a dipper or spuds shirt, see a few rags though. city are big news here, you only have to watch the sports news, they talk about us more than any other English side. so the rags and dippers can keep asia, they know fuck all about footy anyway whereas down here........

Because it’s a non story.

Bein Sports also has exclusive rights to the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga so “supports all of those leagues” just as much as it does the French League. That article, other than mentioning the (already in public domain) information about Platini, his son, the WC and French-Qatari trade deals is completely myopic and useless.
Sorry but the author has offered insight.. you have offered very little of that.

Bury your head in the sand if you like but the links are there, does French football have the viewing figures to justify the money being pumped in by QSI and Bein Sports deals?
To remind you:
it essentially equates to the Qataris being financially supportive of 70% of the entire French top division.
It's more ridiculous to deny something doesn't look right at this point, any "tin foil" hat talk now would be pointless.

Begrudgingly... I don't watch Bein Sports but every major talking point last season Andy Gray embarrassed himself with the utterly stupid lengths he'd go to discredit Pep, the mans a clown and it's plain to see he doesn't like City... some of the stuff he comes out with is Chris Sutton levels of shite.
Pep is Andy’s favourite manager and to quote him “I’d pay to watch a Pep team but I only watch Jose because I’m paid to.”

I’m fully signed up to the media anti City agenda but not vis a vis Gray or Bein Sport. The only coverage you can watch and not lose your temper (Keys can be left out of that a little bit as his job is agent provocateur and he doesn’t believe half of the arguments he makes but accepts it’s his job to make them).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.