City & FFP (updated)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Marvin, 1 Feb 2014.

1. Metalartin

Metalartin

Begrudgingly... I don't watch Bein Sports but every major talking point last season Andy Gray embarrassed himself with the utterly stupid lengths he'd go to discredit Pep, the mans a clown and it's plain to see he doesn't like City... some of the stuff he comes out with is Chris Sutton levels of shite.

2. JULES

JULES

retired
    as I have stated many times on here, the 2 most popular shirts are Chelsea and city in this great continent. never seen a dipper or spuds shirt, see a few rags though. city are big news here, you only have to watch the sports news, they talk about us more than any other English side. so the rags and dippers can keep asia, they know fuck all about footy anyway whereas down here........

3. Metalartin

Metalartin

Sorry but the author has offered insight.. you have offered very little of that.

Bury your head in the sand if you like but the links are there, does French football have the viewing figures to justify the money being pumped in by QSI and Bein Sports deals?
    To remind you:
    It's more ridiculous to deny something doesn't look right at this point, any "tin foil" hat talk now would be pointless.

4. SWP's back

SWP's back

Pep is Andy’s favourite manager and to quote him “I’d pay to watch a Pep team but I only watch Jose because I’m paid to.”

I’m fully signed up to the media anti City agenda but not vis a vis Gray or Bein Sport. The only coverage you can watch and not lose your temper (Keys can be left out of that a little bit as his job is agent provocateur and he doesn’t believe half of the arguments he makes but accepts it’s his job to make them).

5. SWP's back

SWP's back

70% of the French league as PSG’s income accounts for 50% of the French League.

So in reality, PSG aside, you’re talking about 20% of the French League. They make similar amounts to the Prem and Spain, it’s just the income figures are higher and thus percentages are diluted.

The article provides no insight at all.

6. manc_macca

manc_macca

Like the article says I think it’s more the level of money that QSI puts into French football that suggests there’ll be a lack of action by UEFA. It’s the indifference between the investments and the source of the money that’s curious. I found it to be an interesting piece, wouldn’t say useless or myopic. Given that the article is published on a small website, it’s fair to say that it’s supposed to be more of a talking point rather than a crusade against Qatar and PSG.

7. Metalartin

Metalartin

As I said I don't have access to the channels so I can only go off clips on youtube on talking points that interest me... maybe I just happened to have seen the worst of him in the clips I watched?

I was under the impression you don't believe there's something up at UEFA in your first reply.

8. SWP's back

SWP's back

It’s myopic as if it was a balanced article without an intended target it would mention the figures paid by Bein (which shows football across the MENA region, Canada, USA, France and Spain) to the PL, La Liga and Germany along with France.

9. Metalartin

Metalartin

Sorry SWP but I'm not taking you word on that... a lot said with nothing to back it up, yet you want me to believe you have more credibility you're just making statements on their own no figures no sources... talk about hypocrisy. Also QSI alone make up that 70% before BEIN(which is a subsidiary) even come into it according to that article... you seem to be focusing on BEIN sports too much(maybe the media bias side point I made was off... that wasn't even something the article suggested) the bigger talking point is the Qatari money and the French links to UEFA.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2017
  10. SWP's back

SWP's back

I’m sure there’s plenty up with UEFA, but there’s nothing up with the coverage we receive on Bein. I’ve the option to watch BT and Sky as well but choose Bein for two reasons, first I don’t lose my temper swearing at the TV, second is that my wife prefers me to watch as I swear less at the TV.