City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I can't see how this can affect City specifically and not other clubs that make up the so-called established elite.

100 million Euro net spend maximum - well United were the biggest net spenders last summer so that's them fucked
Salary caps - Alexis Sanchez anyone?
Strict limits on agent fees - that's United fucked again

If anything, it could be argued that these new proposed regs are less damaging to City than other clubs, and even if we are the target then I wouldn't mind betting that like with the original incarnation of the FFP regs there will be some unintended casualties who suffer far more than us

To me, this sounds like it's aimed at the English Premier League clubs in general because clubs in certain other countries are pissed off with the big money the PL clubs get from the TV deal. Well tough shit - I didn't see the Spanish and Italian clubs complaining 25-30 years ago when the money was swilling round their leagues and most of the world's best players were plying their trade in those countries

If anything, it could be argued that these new proposed regs are less damaging to City than other clubs, and even if we are the target then I wouldn't mind betting that like with the original incarnation of the FFP regs there will be some unintended casualties who suffer far more than us

To me, this sounds like it's aimed at the English Premier League clubs in general because clubs in certain other countries are pissed off with the big money the PL clubs get from the TV deal. Well tough shit - I didn't see the Spanish and Italian clubs complaining 25-30 years ago when the money was swilling round their leagues and most of the world's best players were plying their trade in those countries
Spot on. It's not anti-City/PSG, more like anti-PL.

Not quite true as I understand it. They certainly breached FFP rules but were able to claim mitigation under Annex XI, which allowed them to take wages paid in 2012 under contracts signed prior to June 2010 into account. That’s the same provision where they changed the basis of calculation, from one where we could have done the same to one where we then couldn’t. We’d submitted accounts which met the original criteria, which was subsequently changed to a basis that ensured we failed.

Sounds about right. The rules allowed certain exemptions to failing on numbers alone.

The abuse that the LFC fan got will create a lovely image of us.

Spot on. It's not anti-City/PSG, more like anti-PL.

PL and PSG. How they will judge the Neymar transfer will be interesting to see.

I can see a value in having a more even European tournament - they've had to relax FFP to let Italian clubs be taken over and funded, but the pay off was to give a guaranteed 4th CL group place to Spain, England and Germany as well as Italy (bizarrely, as they were down to 2+1 playoff.
Then they've rearranged prize money and ranking to benefit past winners (City get a small benefit to ranking I think from the CWC win).

It does make sense to restrain unbalancing, but the PL haven't been any good for several years now; however it's done is going to annoy someone.

I see Madrid and Chelsea are still hiding theirs behind holding companies...

Ignore the stadia related debt, it's not unhealthy.

This is the thing, isn't it? There's sustainable debt and unsustainable debt.

Chelsea's is all loans from Abramovic, and no-one seriously thinks he's going to call those in.
Utd's is from the buyout plan, is not caused by reckless spending by the club, and is obviously not a risk.
Madrid are not going to get closed down by the banks.

None of those are in any way a risk, and the first two aren't doing anything that needs regulating.

This is the thing, isn't it? There's sustainable debt and unsustainable debt.

Chelsea's is all loans from Abramovic, and no-one seriously thinks he's going to call those in.
Utd's is from the buyout plan, is not caused by reckless spending by the club, and is obviously not a risk.
Madrid are not going to get closed down by the banks.

None of those are in any way a risk, and the first two aren't doing anything that needs regulating.
Actually the rags is the least healthy as the club hasn't gained from generating it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.