City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

They take out huge salaries now instead. They also hold 100% of the voting shares so can approve whatever they want for board salaries.
£20M/year in "management fees" last time I looked. I'm sure the rags are benefiting from their sage like advice.

The senior players at the B teams are the ones happy to stay around and guide younger players, the others don't get offered contracts or are released. Delefeou is the only player I can think of that's moved straight from the B team to a major club (Everton).

I don't see it as any great advantage in the transfer market. So the advantage would have to come from players actually used.

It would be an advantage if all these clubs' 'B' teams produced the majority of their first team stars, but if you look at the 'top' teams, abroad, the advantage is in the squad players which the 'B' teams mainly produce, & there is nothing stopping clubs in this country from promoting a stronger 'B' team league & putting more emphasis on it, apart from they can't be arsed enough to do it, at the moment.

I very much doubt that even comes into UEFA's thinking. It does however, make City's 'football group' much more difficult to manage.

And that will be the absolute first thing on David Gill's mind, to sell to the cartel, because the other clubs are unwilling to invest enough to match it & it threatens Utd's long term 'global' exaposure, which will be the case with many of the other cartel members.

I don't see it as any great advantage in the transfer market. So the advantage would have to come from players actually used.

It would be an advantage if all these clubs' 'B' teams produced the majority of their first team stars, but if you look at the 'top' teams, abroad, the advantage is in the squad players which the 'B' teams mainly produce, & there is nothing stopping clubs in this country from promoting a stronger 'B' team league & putting more emphasis on it, apart from they can't be arsed enough to do it, at the moment.

I very much doubt that even comes into UEFA's thinking. It does however, make City's 'football group' much more difficult to manage.

And that will be the absolute first thing on David Gill's mind, to sell to the cartel, because the other clubs are unwilling to invest enough to match it & it threatens Utd's long term 'global' exaposure, which will be the case with many of the other cartel members.
That's the whole point though, ourselves and Chelsea need the loan market as nobody else is bothered.

How exactly is it anti PL compared to 'anti' any other league ?
1. PL clubs' income is higher, but it stops to be an advantage if you're not allowed to spend.
2. Bayern and Madrid have a luxury of signing talents from their leagues for peanuts (Lewandowski, Goretzka, Asensio, Ceballos, Theo etc.) as the competition for players is (almost) absent.
3. The pool of domestic young talent in France, Germany and Spain is much better than English one.

This could actually end up shooting clubs in Europe in the foot. Many of them depend on PL clubs raiding them for players to get a big payout (think Monaco). If the PL clubs are restricted in their spend then the 'trickle down' of the PL money could disappear.

Be careful what you wish for....

1. PL clubs' income is higher, but it stops to be an advantage if you're not allowed to spend.
2. Bayern and Madrid have a luxury of signing talents from their leagues for peanuts (Lewandowski, Goretzka, Asensio, Ceballos, Theo etc.) as the competition for players is (almost) absent.
3. The pool of domestic young talent in France, Germany and Spain is much better than English one.

The first one is the only one that really is a limitation on the PL.

1) It means Aston Villa, Leeds & Wolves, if promoted, have the same transfer spending power as Real Madrid.

2) There are only so many players Real Madrid or Bayern Munich can sign.

3) Aston Villa, Wolves & Leeds would be playing in a league where many of europe's players want to be.

4) If it became important for clubs here to produce their own players, they would very quickly, improve & start doing it.

5) With the popularity & spending power of Premier League clubs, see how far UEFA would get, by pissing off Manchester Utd, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool (as well as PSG & several other big clubs abroad)

6) Hence it won't exist in that form. It will be a refined version, designed to hamper City & help the cartel, which includes several Premier League clubs in particular Utd, Arse & Liverpool who will help try to tailor it to shit on us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.