City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re:

Forzacitizens said:
Keith, can you explain to
Me why it contravenes EU law?

It is constructively a salary cap, which is banned under EU law. One of the EU's goals is to facilitate the free flow of capital; restricting that can run afoul of EU regulations.

Re: "City face Euro Expulsion"

The pressure on UEFA is going to be huge now whatever happens.....it's of their own making

Either us or our rivals are not going to be happy.

We will have to get used to this until it either blows over or DuPont wins his case against FFP which I think he might.

It's all politics.

Re:

Forzacitizens said:

Restriction of trade?

It doesn't matter anyway, there's absolutely no way in hell that UEFA would kick us out of the Champions League. They're petrified already of people mutinying and starting a rival competition which is why everybody will flap and flap and flap and eventually do nothing.

Think how quickly John Henry's tune will change if we announced a rival European competition to which Liverpool are invited and the prize money was £200m

Blue Haze said:
Forzacitizens said:

It is constructively a salary cap, which is banned under EU law. One of the EU's goals is to facilitate the free flow of capital; restricting that can run afoul of EU regulations.

Thanks mate but I wouldn't trust the eu courts

I hate how teams do underhanded crap just because they can't beat a team in the pitch. The reasons to give mou's team a proper mauling just keeps piling up.

Re: Re:

Damocles said:
Forzacitizens said:

Restriction of trade?

It doesn't matter anyway, there's absolutely no way in hell that UEFA would kick us out of the Champions League. They're petrified already of people mutinying and starting a rival competition which is why everybody will flap and flap and flap and eventually do nothing.

Think how quickly John Henry's tune will change if we announced a rival European competition to which Liverpool are invited and the prize money was £200m
Spot on. UEFA are well aware we could destroy the CL in an instant.

Just bollox unless Uefa comes up with a "market value estimate" on those IP-rights..

Those 3 teams can get fucked. I know more about it than Ayre for starters and I'm a fuckwitt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.