City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: Re:

Keith Moon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Forzacitizens said:
Keith, can you explain to
Me why it contravenes EU law?
In short, because it restricts competition. I believe that legal opinion given to our owners supports this.

Correct, a judicial challenge of the FFPR at ECJ will only have one outcome.

It's currently being challenged but its the break even rule that they have gone for.

But to reiterate again its worth looking at the two new rules and then people will realise that it's only giving an opposing team the right to object to a plea bargain.

We have no need to plea bargain as we haven't been punished. The press have jumped on a small change in the rules which allow a club to have a say in another clubs plea bargain.

So lets say we we're punished, which I can't see why we would be. UEFA say right you can't sign any players for a year. We say call it a 10 mill fine. UEFA say ok. arsenal say we think its unfair because etc etc.

It's all ifs and buts.

Re: Re:

Keith Moon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Forzacitizens said:
Keith, can you explain to
Me why it contravenes EU law?
In short, because it restricts competition. I believe that legal opinion given to our owners supports this.

Correct, a judicial challenge of the FFPR at ECJ will only have one outcome.
Not necessarily but it is wide open to challenge. This is an interesting article on the subject:
http://www.soccernomics-agency.com/?p=469

Re: "City face Euro Expulsion"

If any or all of those clubs tried to take City to court via UEFA, the future of the PL would be at stake.

Can you imagine the fallout.

City would hit back and use their wealth via Abu Dhabi and drag those clubs through the courts. The PL would also be dragged into it.

manimanc said:
And in a heartbeat utds EIGHT defeat In a piss poor season is brushed under the carpet...
Where the headline should scream "billy smart cocks it up again for the champions" we find a little square amongst the bullshit saying utd get beat again.....

8 defeats in a season SO FAR, just saying

A despicable dirty tricks campaign. Amazing how the media lap up every word Jose says without even thinking it through. He could say the world is square and the media would publish it.

We've clearly rattled our competitors and they're very scared.

taleofbluehalves said:
A despicable dirty tricks campaign. Amazing how the media lap up every word Jose says without even thinking it through. He could say the world is square and the media would publish it.

We've clearly rattled our competitors and they're very scared.
Sells papers. They know as well as we do the threat is hollow

So they want to take the ball home. Childish wa..kers. That's all it comes down to. Sad thing is these clubs got their own way before doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.