City Firm?!?

What really fcuks me off is that the people who were involved in football violence back in the 70's & 80's seem to think there was some sort of honour in what they were doing. Even worse, they also perpetuate the myth that firms would only cause aggrovation with other like minded holigans & that they'd never touch innocent fans. What utter bollox.

Cheesy said:
What really fcuks me off is that the people who were involved in football violence back in the 70's & 80's seem to think there was some sort of honour in what they were doing. Even worse, they also perpetuate the myth that firms would only cause aggravation with other like minded hooligans & that they'd never touch innocent fans. What utter bollox.

Actually that's true as far as my experience goes. Only other firms/mobs who wanted some action were targeted by us blue Mancs. What's the point other wise? Personally I hated bullies funnily enough and went out of my way to intimidate those who intimidated. I got a good kicking a few times, by RAGS mainly outside The Northumberland on Chester Road on one occasion. One of the reasons I hate RAGS more than anyone as they also tried to stab me to death on Princess Parkway one night after a cup night game against Hartlepool. Things like that turn you into a violent young man.

blueskies2 said:
Cheesy said:
What really fcuks me off is that the people who were involved in football violence back in the 70's & 80's seem to think there was some sort of honour in what they were doing. Even worse, they also perpetuate the myth that firms would only cause aggravation with other like minded hooligans & that they'd never touch innocent fans. What utter bollox.

Actually that's true as far as my experience goes. Only other firms/mobs who wanted some action were targeted by us blue Mancs. What's the point other wise? Personally I hated bullies funnily enough and went out of my way to intimidate those who intimidated. I got a good kicking a few times, by RAGS mainly outside The Northumberland on Chester Road on one occasion. One of the reasons I hate RAGS more than anyone as they also tried to stab me to death on Princess Parkway one night after a cup night game against Hartlepool. Things like that turn you into a violent young man.

Not my experience unfortunately. I actually got a kicking from some of the City lads back in 1988(?) when we played at West Brom. Why? Well, merely because I was in with the City fans yet I've got a Midlands accent. Nice.

Sorry that happened to you.

ok..well I'd also say that was an isolated incident and not typical of what actually did happen.

It wasn't me..honest young guvnor.

Another point worth mentioning is the police in those days; even now I still remember images of the police kicking shit out of both sets of opposing fans. And battering anything that moved with truncheons, the police were more psychotic and indiscriminate than any hooligans, funny thing is hardly any arrests were usually made I think some of their lads looked forward to Saturdays as much as the fans, in those days coppers were coppers we could do with a few of those lads on the streets today.

LEE BRADBURY said:
Another point worth mentioning is the police in those days; even now I still remember images of the police kicking shit out of both sets of opposing fans. And battering anything that moved with truncheons, the police were more psychotic and indiscriminate than any hooligans, funny thing is hardly any arrests were usually made I think some of their lads looked forward to Saturdays as much as the fans, in those days coppers were coppers we could do with a few of those lads on the streets today.

Yeah like the time we got a good kicking at Everton and the OB looked the other way.

Cheesy said:
blueskies2 said:

Not my experience unfortunately. I actually got a kicking from some of the City lads back in 1988(?) when we played at West Brom. Why? Well, merely because I was in with the City fans yet I've got a Midlands accent. Nice.
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but don’t you think that was a ridiculously stupid thing to do?

That was an era where fans all came from the City of the club they supported, I am not saying it is right what happened but I know I would not have done something similar in that day and age because accents got you in to serious trouble.

we did in the 80's as a continuation of fights between our rival schools used to go for a row at dinner then left and had no one to fight,from 83 used to go to games and have a bit of a ruck seemed like fun when i was 16 going on the train and that...

blueskies2 said:
Sorry that happened to you.

ok..well I'd also say that was an isolated incident and not typical of what actually did happen.

It wasn't me..honest young guvnor.

Hmmmm, were you there ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.