City Firm?!?

this site might help they don't look that scary though
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guvnors.com/home.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guvnors.com/home.htm</a>

Being only 26 I never saw first hand the mayhem of the 70s and 80s but have read some books and seen some modern day shite like green St, but in all seriousness how big were these actual firms? I mean in films there's about 20-30 of them (probably more to do with their low budget than trying to represent reality) but is that number more a reflection on todays 'firms' rather than what they were like in the 70s? The books make out there would be hundreds in a firm but I always thought this was exagerated?

simonk said:
Ive read it all now - and got quite funny - which is half the reason I read these things.
Matty - there is clearly a weight of opinion thats says people do want to read about it.
As a mod you are entitled to an opinion, and clearly reading loads of stuff must be tedious - but thats your choice.
If a group of punters are waffling on about something I couldnt give a fuck about in the pub - I just clear off - I dont go over and give it thye "sigh" "yawn" stuf that seems the norm on here.
IMO there is a real elitist attitude on here.
Is that deliberate?
Surely its all about opinion - the differances and humour that arises is what makes it good. If not we could just read the city website

I dont like raw onions - but I dont feel the need to tell people that. I just dont bother with them. Cant the same approach be applied

Agree 100% mate, there is an elitist attitude on hear from some.

Perhaps if City fans want to discuss a subject football related about OUR club we should be allowed to do it.

Has more to do with CITY than the threads from other supporters about other clubs and their players which I find bizarre to be allowed on here.

CITY forum, all things CITY.

Personally I'd say the only time it can be justified is either in self defence or if you are fucked up enough to take part in organised rucks with like minded retards...
If folk get sum sort of warped buzz out of beatin fuck out of each other let em get on with it, as long as it doesn't involve those of us who have evolved beyond the primeval stage its fine..
It's more of a social defect if anything, football is just an excuse for these types, we all know some knob who has a few jars and gets some deranged urge to hit someone.. dunno why, it's beyond my level of understanding..!

Thankfully nowadays, it's nothin like it was in the 70's mainly cos of cctv.
I've walked through the middle of it and even stepped over bodies outside Maine Rd a few times without being involved, Everton and Brum spring to mind.. only time I had to look after meself was at Norwich of all places! when I had to deliver a swift kick to the solar plexus of a local farmer or summat who decided to have a go in a park on the way back to the car..he took exception to a v.rare Adrian Heath goal in a 1-0 victory.
I perfected a scouse accent for walkin through Stanley Park.. essential for when you got asked the time in the 70's.
I remember the C.Cats tryin to get through barriers to Spurs at Wembley in 81 right next to me, coppers kept em apart and they resorted to gobbin at each other..some where catchin it in their mouths..dirty bastards..!

But the worst was Leeds late 70's where a guy on our coach got kicked senseless protecting his 11 yr old son from the Leeds pricks by lying on top of him, he suffered brain damage and obv was never the same again.
When you see summat like that it gives you the urge for revenge and hence it all goes around.
I take my son to games who now happens to be 11, I couldn't envisage summat like that takin place these days.. Jesus..imagine it, you wouldn't rest till you hunted em down would you..?

got told a city firm ;went with a utd firm ;a few weeks after that nasty incident at leeds;thats how bad it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.