City Football Group

The Doctor

I am amazed at the pace MCFC are growing
The last few months has seen us create MCWFC, NYCFC, Melbourne City, Yokohama (assume eventually be Yokohama City)
The campus about to open the stadium to be extended
Trade deals with Nissan and others.
The winning of the 2nd Premiership Title in 3 years + the Capital One Cup
It really is an amazing time to be a Blue......... The pace of the growth and the quality of what is being created is mind boggling.
Thank you Sheik Mansour
You are making an old man very happy......
I wonder what Albert Alexander and Peter Swales would think

The Doctor said:
The last few months has seen us create MCWFC, NYCFC, Melbourne City, Yokohama (assume eventually be Yokohama City)
It really is an amazing time to be a Blue......... The pace of the growth and the quality of what is being created is mind boggling.
Thank you Sheik Mansour

Happy days Doc :)

These guys behind City are visionaries, so will be exciting to see where all this takes us.
I expect, they already have plans and strategy to reach for the stars

The Doctor said:

Pretty minor point, but I don't think we're going to see Yokohama be renamed Yokohama City. We only own 20% of that club, and the other 80% is owned by Nissan. Considering that until only about 15-20 years ago the club was called Nissan FC, and it has always been treated as the company's subsidiary football team, I find it hard to believe that Nissan would be happy with us entirely taking over its identity. For a similar reason, I can't see them changing their colours or shirt sponsor (which is, funnily enough, Nissan) to synergise with the other CFG clubs either.

Falastur said:
The Doctor said:

Pretty minor point, but I don't think we're going to see Yokohama be renamed Yokohama City. We only own 20% of that club, and the other 80% is owned by Nissan. Considering that until only about 15-20 years ago the club was called Nissan FC, and it has always been treated as the company's subsidiary football team, I find it hard to believe that Nissan would be happy with us entirely taking over its identity. For a similar reason, I can't see them changing their colours or shirt sponsor (which is, funnily enough, Nissan) to synergise with the other CFG clubs either.

Dat's unfair.

The FFP thread shows we haven't a clue how all this fits together and how it works. It's very frustrating that we get no info on long term plans from the club - just that in 6 years we'll be a mega-enterprise worldwide.

But you can understand the secrecy as it leaves UEFA increasingly baffled and keeps other clubs who may be that way inclined (probably only Scum) from knowing how to do it!

The Doctor said:
Thank you Sheik Mansour

I think Albert would be delighted as he loved the club with a passion and Peter Swales would be wondering how he could make some money out of it

Alan Oakes Shinpads said:
The Doctor said:
Thank you Sheik Mansour

I think Albert would be delighted as he loved the club with a passion and Peter Swales would be wondering how he could make some money out of it

Swales was a dickhead but he too loved the club with a passion.

Does anyone know what the role of Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouei is with the club? I know he's on the CFG board, but what is his portfolio or remit? It seems unusual that the Undersecretary of the Crown Prince's Court would be part of the board unless the Crown Prince has a direct interest in the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.