City Football Group

Does anyone know what the role of Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouei is with the club? I know he's on the CFG board, but what is his portfolio or remit? It seems unusual that the Undersecretary of the Crown Prince's Court would be part of the board unless the Crown Prince has a direct interest in the club.
Khaldoon's not here because he needs something to occupy his time. He's one of Sheikh Mohammed's key aides. As is Simon Pearce. It should also be noted that Khaldoon is on the Executive Council whereas Sheikh Mansour isn't. I think you can draw certain conclusions from that.

That's why I laugh when people say things like "When the Sheikh gets bored" or that we're "just a billionaire's plaything".

Khaldoon's not here because he needs something to occupy his time. He's one of Sheikh Mohammed's key aides. As is Simon Pearce. It should also be noted that Khaldoon is on the Executive Council whereas Sheikh Mansour isn't. I think you can draw certain conclusions from that.

That's why I laugh when people say things like "When the Sheikh gets bored" or that we're "just a billionaire's plaything".
Indeed, it just feels like Al Mazrouei's involvement is even more telling than that of Khaldoon. He is effectively the CEO of an organisation responsible, amongst other things, for managing the Crown Prince's involvement in corporate projects. It is interesting that one of the corporate projects he is on the board of happens to be CFG. I would love to know if he was brought in for his experience or if he is specifically there as the Crown Prince's 'eyes'.

Does anyone know what the role of Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouei is with the club? I know he's on the CFG board, but what is his portfolio or remit? It seems unusual that the Undersecretary of the Crown Prince's Court would be part of the board unless the Crown Prince has a direct interest in the club.

At CFG he represents Etihad Airways...

Swales was a dickhead but he too loved the club with a passion.
Swales' one love was Swales, the club was just a vehicle for his ego and corrupt dealing, and it could have been any club.

I dont think we need to keep thanking him, yes they have done amazing things for us. However they dont do it from the goodness of their heart. They saw an amazing opportunity to grow their brand across the globe and make some money at the same time. I am extremely grateful for what has happened to our club.
But i have supported them since 75 and always will do. Thankfully they are now probably in a sustainable position and we should (fingers crossed) never see the dark days again

I've mentioned on here on at least one occasion before - our owner is not in it for any fad or the short term; it is to promote Abu Dhabi and the United Arab Emirates as a destination for tourism/holidays, events, exhibitions and anything else that can continue bringing the country wealth. What better way to do that than to own a football team in the most watched league in the world ?

The oil production in Dubai runs out this year - Abu Dhabi will now fully support the country as the oil supply will last for another 100 years or so there. By promoting other businesses as mentioned, the country attracts other revenue streams to sustain the wealth already there. Their business model is second to none - even giving tax breaks to companies who want to trade out of or settle in Dubai. For a country whose population is 5.2 million with only about a million being local Emirates, the local people benefit greatly. The U. A. E. are now looking at promoting cricket and there is a match between Pakistan and West Indies being held in Dubai soon. There is also a Formula 1 track near Abu Dhabi..............

No need to worry about City's future - we are SO lucky to have owners as we do.................

Gonna end up like chelsea with 100 loanees around europe. Again where does this stand long term with European competitions if this time or Girona make it to the champions league?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.