City Football Group

Gonna end up like chelsea with 100 loanees around europe. Again where does this stand long term with European competitions if this time or Girona make it to the champions league?
If they finish higher in their domestic league than we do in ours, they qualify and we don't and vice versa.

So let's say they finished 2nd somehow and we finished 3rd, we wouldn't qualify? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying lol
Yep. Unless we sold our shares in the club as Red Bull were forced to do with Salzburg this season when they won the Austrian league and Leipzig finished second in Germany.

There's also something about 'controlling interest' though isn't there? I'm pretty sure that's why we only bought 40% share in Girona, and will probably only buy 49% share in any other club under UEFA durisdiction

Yep. Unless we sold our shares in the club as Red Bull were forced to do with Salzburg this season when they won the Austrian league and Leipzig finished second in Germany.
Think that would happen, the idea that girona would qualify over city boggles my mind. Unlikely though considering the quality of both teams

There's also something about 'controlling interest' though isn't there? I'm pretty sure that's why we only bought 40% share in Girona, and will probably only buy 49% share in any other club under UEFA durisdiction
Is it a controlling or a significant interest? A significant interest is 10% or more of voting rights, the two clubs involved couldn't even share a board member which would suggest it's a significant interest.

Cant say im a fan of this aspect of the our owners plans. i do wonder about the wider implications of this on football as this type of stuff becomes the norm in the future. The idea of a handful of elite clubs owning dozens of satalite clubs around europe and the world just doesnt sit right with me.

Is there a dedicated thread for the CFG on BM?

This thread came up, along with other threads, on Google search.

Been digging about Linkedin - Manchester and came across this.

4 months old. Don't know how relevant it is now, if at all? Plus the other information below.

Ahmed Shami.Modeling and Design Using Revit 2020 and Sofistik FE
Project : Manchester City Football Academy in AlBurouj Compound New Cairo.

1613315851614.jpeg

May 2020.

We have the opportunity for an experienced coach to take a real step up in developing the growth of their career with one of our Football Education Partners in an impressive development within Cairo. The purpose of this role is to manage the Manchester City football school coaching program at Al Burouj in Cairo.

City Football Group are working with Capital Group Properties (based in Cairo) to source a Head Coach who will work with and manage a team of coaches at the Al Burouj Sports Complex. This role will be employed by Capital Group properties directly.

Last edited:
Is it a controlling or a significant interest? A significant interest is 10% or more of voting rights, the two clubs involved couldn't even share a board member which would suggest it's a significant interest.
The significant interest % number i did not know but i doubt we would have a board member, they would all be CFG staff?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.