City games allegedly fixed

In the early days of the blog he sent you emails of the redacted parts of the blog. I wish I kept them now to PM you with.

The evidence on certain match officials, high profile players, managers and agents collusion to fix matches was in there.

It's the reason I'm not as confident about beating Palace on Saturday as the majority are on here.
Particularly as their manager & his associates featured heavily in that blog.

When a football website has the following in one of their posts, you know you're in business:

"Late capitalism yields a plethora of Ponzi bubbles - these are not Kondratieff waves but rather expressions of robust Malthusian ecological limits blended with the conclusion of this viral pyramid scheme. "

There are a lot of people on this thread saying football cant be bent. I will just remind everyone about Bruce Grobbelar. Now to save me and Ric getting sued for millions I will stress he was cleared after a retrial but it was alleged grobbelar and two Wimbledon players together with an asian busness man fixed football matches for betting syndicates. That was in 1994, do people really believe that it cannot be happening now when there is more money in the game and far more gambling.

Also it is far easier to bribe a ref (or cancel his gambling debt) than bribing a player.

As far as it goes I believe that we are a straight team. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but I believe that there is some manipulation.
As my old mate says, "Wherever there's money, there's a fiddle!"
I believe we are straight, as a club, and have taken resolute action where we suspect individuals aren't acting in the best interests of the club. That's probably why we're getting the shitty end of the stick now.

I'm sure games are fixed. But looking at some of the games on the list it seems to me that they were simply chaotic games that ended up with surprise results.

Take Bayern 2 City 3 for example. I could easily envisage someone trying to fix that game, particularly as both teams had already qualified from the group. But I just cannot see how it was fixed to produce the game we saw.

If Bayern players were trying to lose the game why did they surge into a 2 goal lead after 10 mins? It makes no sense. Perhaps then there was an agreement to fix a 2-3 scoreline. But if that was the case why did both teams have very clear cut chances after the score reached 2-3? Chances which were so close that they couldnt possibly have been deliberate near misses, such as Negredo's shot which Neuer saved with his feet? And Bayern went close to adding to their 2nd goal a few times eg hitting the post.

Perhaps then it was the officials who were trying to fix the result. So why didnt they disallow Bayern's second goal for offside? Yes, they gave us a pen, but it was legitimate. Otherwise I dont remember too many controversial decisions in our favour.

Are we talking about corruption against City IE to make sure we dont win.

Or is it just general betting related corruption?

The two are entirely different and I suspect the latter is what we are getting. I just cannot believe there is a plot against City to stop us winning. That's where this becomes ridiculous paranoia where every wrong ref decision is corruption.

If was trying to fix a horse race for gambling purposes, I'd fix the 3-15 at Hexham rather than the Epsom Derby. Lot less suspicious and obvious that way. Similarly, I suspect most football fixing (if it exists) happens in the lower leagues.

If was trying to fix a horse race for gambling purposes, I'd fix the 3-15 at Hexham rather than the Epsom Derby. Lot less suspicious and obvious that way. Similarly, I suspect most football fixing (if it exists) happens in the lower leagues.
That's a fair point but would it also be true to say that much less money would be bet on a lower league game so it would be easier to hide irregular betting patterns on a match that has millions of people betting on the game who don't know it has been fixed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.