"City In Turmoil"

I think there is a fair bit in there thats believable.

I think he has already shown a reluctance to discipline Robinho for his comments the same way he disciplined Elano, and I suspect Robinho could (if he wanted to) make Hughes job untenable as far as ADUG goes.

Hughes wanting younger players strikes me as believable too.

Not sure about the players being upset, Robinho does seem to be quite popular with them.

Bovril said:
This is what happened at Madrid, great player but comes with baggage..........beware.

His problems at Madrid were totally different.

Although I think the article is a load of bollocks I'd say that there will probably be some resentment from the rest of the squad towards Robinho and the treatment he receives. This is where a good manager will put his arm around them and tells them he loves them and believes in them as much as he does Robinho, not a strict disciplinarian who will seperate the squad further.

He is on a reported £160K a week salary, if that doesn't make him a special case then I don't know what will to be honest.
This was inevitable, jealousy and greed is human nature, this sort of thing will happen. Some players rise above it like Stephen Ireland and others simply can't.

bluespana said:
drsqueggy said:
I think the article is a load of rubbish to be honest.....

I'd agree. No real substance in that article. ''fakes injuries''...he gets kicked twice as much as anyone on the team.

Pssst down here vvvvvv

SWP gets a right kicking everygame mate

None of us will probably ever know what truely happens behind the scenes. But whilst on holiday in Spain 2 weeks after we had signed Robinho one of the barmen in our hotel, who was a big Real fan said to me upon our first night at the bar "Robinho is a mercinary, he will seem like the hero for you for the first few months, but after that you will like him less and less... believe me..." I laughed at the time but the more I think about it the more it makes me wonder. Big name that he is, he too much too soon? I mean, Chelsea didnt go out and buy superstars straight away (talented players yes, but not superstars) and even when they didnt it didnt really work (shevchenko).

There is so much to contemplate at the moment....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.