City interested in CB Lucas Hernandez?

Do you feel Stones can put on muscle mass whilst maintaining his current athleticism? I remember Kompany doing it around the same age as Stones so I may hold out on him until he beefs up but one difference Kompany had was desire and aggression. Komps always had that regardless of size whilst Stones doesn't. Gone on a tangent a little but intrigued to see how Stones will progress from here.

Stones doesn't lack physical strength, but aggression. He's not huge but he's big enough that if he wanted to put himself about he'd get the better of most forwards physically.

Unfortunately a lack of aggression is his biggest problem right now, and it ties into how much he's backing off players instead of taking them on.

Do you feel Stones can put on muscle mass whilst maintaining his current athleticism? I remember Kompany doing it around the same age as Stones so I may hold out on him until he beefs up but one difference Kompany had was desire and aggression. Komps always had that regardless of size whilst Stones doesn't. Gone on a tangent a little but intrigued to see how Stones will progress from here.

If Stones doesn't go overboard it shouldn't be a major issue if it does help him gain an extra bit of strength. He does need to work on his mentality and find that extra bit of aggression, but he does remind me of Boateng's time in England.

Stones doesn't lack physical strength, but aggression. He's not huge but he's big enough that if he wanted to put himself about he'd get the better of most forwards physically.

Unfortunately a lack of aggression is his biggest problem right now, and it ties into how much he's backing off players instead of taking them on.

Ye it definitely is an aggression over a need to beef up but I do feel beefing up a little, not too much where it can hamper but enough to assert the dominance someone his height should have.

If Stones doesn't go overboard it shouldn't be a major issue if it does help him gain an extra bit of strength. He does need to work on his mentality and find that extra bit of aggression, but he does remind me of Boateng's time in England.

Ye, when I begun to compare him to Komps it made me realise how he literally has no aggression to him. As wreckless as Otamendi can be, the guy is a fighter, if we transfered that of a smaller guy like Ota to Stones, he'd improve greatly. Although I guess Ota needed that to make it whilst Stones was gifted with his size.

It might do Stones good to have a stint in DM like Kompany did. He's got the passing range to do it but it might be good for him to play in a position where every mistake doesn't lead to a goal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/38251799

12:16

Getty Images
Atletico Madrid defender Lucas Hernandez was arrested in the early hours of Friday on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend.

The 20-year-old France Under-21 international was involved in a domestic dispute, according to Spanish police.

He is due to appear in front of a judge in Madrid later on Friday.

Hernandez last played for Atletico in a 2-2 draw at Eibar in La Liga on 25 January.

Possible violation of our no dickheads policy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.