City interested in CB Lucas Hernandez?

Lucas is showing a good level as Godin's sub, while Theo is one of the surprises of his team, Alavés, and seen as one of the most interesting prospects as left fb.

Although Lucas has some experience in a first level team, signing them is a risky bet: they're not fully developed or tested in competitive football.

Lucas is showing a good level as Godin's sub, while Theo is one of the surprises of his team, Alavés, and seen as one of the most interesting prospects as left fb.

Although Lucas has some experience in a first level team, signing them is a risky bet: they're not fully developed or tested in competitive football.
Are you Spanish pal? Do you watch their games?

According to Manchester Evening News, Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola tried to sign Spanish defenders Lucas, 20, and Theo Hernandez, 19, in a double deal from Atletico Madrid, the Spanish club have claimed.

According to Manchester Evening News, Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola tried to sign Spanish defenders Lucas, 20, and Theo Hernandez, 19, in a double deal from Atletico Madrid, the Spanish club have claimed.

His contract runs out at the end of the season.

I'm going to guess he is an Athleti fan here.

That would be my guess also,good to get confirmation though.

Yes to both ;). BTW, Theo has been named as one of the first half's surprises in Primera (not many good left FB's in Spain lately, but the boy fares quite well). About Lucas, he's is also able to play right FB and renewed last summer til 2020, but thinking on the kind of chairman Atletico de Madrid has, every player has a price...they say is 40M€, but they would sell it for quite less.

Manchester City are ready to wait until next summer before making a £20m move for Atletico centre-back Lucas Hernandez (20). [Independent]

Guardiola feels a new arrival this month would be "for the sake of it" and will wait until summer before moving for Hernandez. [Independent]

Pep doesn't feel pessimistic about the second half of the season and will persist with Otamendi while developing John Stones. [Independent]

We need help at CB and LB. A rotation of Stones/Otamendi/Kolarov doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I know it will invite howls of protest from the footballing modernistas, but given all the problems we've had dealing with long high balls this season, the last thing I want to see is another short arsed centre half (at just 6ft he's the same height as Otamendi) trying to run round in front of bigger opposition forwards like Otters and Kolarov have been doing, and getting continually 'rolled'. We don't have to engage the services of a Robert Huth/Ryan Shawcross style cart horse, but given Kompany's ongoing injury problems, someone physically imposing should be as much a consideration as the ability to dribble the ball out of defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.