City Legends

Zabba vinny and Joe but for me David Silva just for being the best city player since king Colin

I think to be a true club legend, you have to adhere to these two criteria. The fans have to love you, and you have to love the club. It's why Tevez will be remembered fondly and appreciated, whereas Goater, who wasn't half the player will always be a legend.

...and then turn against you.

Seems to be the current criteria

I think to be a true club legend, you have to adhere to these two criteria. The fans have to love you, and you have to love the club. It's why Tevez will be remembered fondly and appreciated, whereas Goater, who wasn't half the player will always be a legend.

There's a lot in this, and yet legend status can come from a single act. Sergio Aguero is in my view assured of Legend status just from that 93:20 moment alone - I'm not sure how deep his love for the club runs, though I'd like to believe its as strong as Zabas, but he is nailed on to be considered one of our all time legends up there with Colin Bell and Bert Trautmann.

I also think Yaya will achieve legend status for much the same reason. His goals at Wembley in 2011 were arguably as important as Aguero's. (Not to mention the goals in 2014 and 2016). When we look back at Yayas career I think that is what we will remember rather than birthday cakes and an idiot of an agent.

If Navas pops up to score the winner in the champions league final I think legend status would quickly follow even though little in his career so far would point that way.

I think that there are four players in the current squad who have already achieved legendary status - Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero. Kompany - our most successful captain and inspirational leader during the title wins; Toure - without his drive in 2011 we may never have won our first modern day trophy; Silva - incredible player; and Aguero - look at that goalscoring record and, of course, THE goal. Personally, I'd add Zabba into the mix of course (my personal favourite player of recent years).

Tevez was a catalyst and will always be remembered of course, and I'm sure some of our more recent arrivals may also achieve hero/legend status in the future.

These are interesting times. It's a little sad that the status of our former greats gets eclipsed but it also shows that, at long last, we have truly great players who may take us on to incredible heights. The players who get remembered generation after generation tend to be quality players who either helped the club achieve major success or demonstrated true loyalty to the Blue cause - Meredith, Johnson, Cowan, Brook, Swift, Trautmann, Paul, Clarke, Barnes.... and so it goes on.

This is a great time to live and enjoy our team.

lots of players vinny , silva , aguero , yaya... For me the turn around was tevez and best player ive seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.