City live 2015/2016 5th August

I’m not slating the event. A lot of people really seem to enjoy it which is great.

It’s certainly not for me though. I'd cringe all the way through.

I just want to watch them play football.

Yea, it ain't for me either.
I love a night out, gigs/clubs with mates but City Live just comes across as something like -

You're out in a standard cheap nightclub yourself with mates, go on a crawl around town and stumble across expensive restaurants/clubs with b-list celebs, footballers etc in there, coming outside to be chauffeured away to another expensive establishment you cannot afford....

Any attempt to have contact with the celebs and you're immediately segregated by Showsec staff and made to feel less of a human being.

Total wank and something I cannot connect with at all.

What I do enjoy however was when players have attended rare supporters club meetings and actually chat to fans on a more personal level.

Compulsive Rambler said:
Yea, it ain't for me either.
I love a night out, gigs/clubs with mates but City Live just comes across as something like -

You're out in a standard cheap nightclub yourself with mates, go on a crawl around town and stumble across expensive restaurants/clubs with b-list celebs, footballers etc in there, coming outside to be chauffeured away to another expensive establishment you cannot afford....

Any attempt to have contact with the celebs and you're immediately segregated by Showsec staff and made to feel less of a human being.

Total wank and something I cannot connect with at all.

What I do enjoy however was when players have attended rare supporters club meetings and actually chat to fans on a more personal level.

You obviously never went last year then.

As soon as the players and officials left their seats at the front, Jason Manford invited everyone down to the front for the Johnny Marr set. No segregation, no Showsec staff. Just one of the best guitarists of all time, banging out classic tunes to an appreciative audience.

bluemoon98 said:
Mods merge if another thread.

Just booked a ticket in unreserved seating Cat 1 and looking forward to it.

Anyone know who is hosting or headlining it? And anyone else got a ticket yet?
Mike Wedderburn said at City Square he'd be hosting it. I did see Jason Manford say he would be talking about it there too but didn't make it because of commitments with Sunday Night at the Palladium I think.

Bongo Joe said:
bluemoon98 said:
Mods merge if another thread.

Just booked a ticket in unreserved seating Cat 1 and looking forward to it.

Anyone know who is hosting or headlining it? And anyone else got a ticket yet?
Mike Wedderburn said at City Square he'd be hosting it. I did see Jason Manford say he would be talking about it there too but didn't make it because of commitments with Sunday Night at the Palladium I think.

oh yeah i remember walking past city square as they were talking about city live briefly. Would rather have Manford but if he cant do it then wedderburn would be okay.

Wate of time first city live when the guy from BT sport did it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.