City loaning players

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Instead of keep buying player's who turn out shite, who we then send out on loan as we can't sell them, why don't City take a couple on loan before buying more and more players ?

The only players available for loan are either not good enough for their parent club or too young and need experience. Do you honestly think we are the type of club who needs over the hill players, or players who other clubs want to farm out for experience? There won't be many, if any clubs out there with better prospects in their ranks than we already have. If they did have them, I doubt we would loan them without a cast iron guarantee that we could buy them if we wanted to.

If we were to loan players, which we may do in January, we would still have to pay the club a premium. We would only be getting players in on loan to manage a problem, such as lack of defence cover. The players we loan out are all part of finding the next Sergio at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. If they don't make it chances are we will get a fee that will cover their time with us. We're not really a club that needs to loan other players generally though I'd be interested in why the OP had in mind to loan.

Good idea! So let's see, hmm...
Well. We take Sanchez, Alaba, Vidal and Neuer on loan till June.
Get up Txiki, you lazy fukcer! :-p

The art of loaning out young players is two fold

1. to try and give a young player exposure to competitive football, and watch them improve - hopefully finding that rare diamond.

Sadly most young players are zirconia or worse, but that leads to point 2

2. resell value - the rags have been doing it for donkeys years. They loan out substandard players with big hype surrounding them (give them a couple of LC games and let the press wax lyrical etc etc), then the resell value increases to £3-4 million. Sell 2-3 of those every year and your academy pays for itself and you go back to point one and repeat. Just look at Januzaj - he's no better than Vladimir Weiss was for us, but he will be worth maybe 8-10 mill even though hes not featured for them and has had two disappointing loan spells. Cha-ching - academy paid for.

With players like Jovetic, Beast, Bony going out on loan, noone would pay the fee up front so we loaned them out with buy clauses inserted. With Hart, I think we made the right decision treating him the way we did - the alternative was him being third choice keeper and the club acted with respect in allowing him out on loan.

As said above, noone is going to "loan" us players that are likely to be quality, and if we managed to loan someone like Pickford or Odegaard they would stagnate on the bench or in the EDS. The art is to get them earlier.

The art of loaning out young players is two fold

1. to try and give a young player exposure to competitive football, and watch them improve - hopefully finding that rare diamond.

Sadly most young players are zirconia or worse, but that leads to point 2

2. resell value - the rags have been doing it for donkeys years. They loan out substandard players with big hype surrounding them (give them a couple of LC games and let the press wax lyrical etc etc), then the resell value increases to £3-4 million. Sell 2-3 of those every year and your academy pays for itself and you go back to point one and repeat. Just look at Januzaj - he's no better than Vladimir Weiss was for us, but he will be worth maybe 8-10 mill even though hes not featured for them and has had two disappointing loan spells. Cha-ching - academy paid for.

With players like Jovetic, Beast, Bony going out on loan, noone would pay the fee up front so we loaned them out with buy clauses inserted. With Hart, I think we made the right decision treating him the way we did - the alternative was him being third choice keeper and the club acted with respect in allowing him out on loan.

As said above, noone is going to "loan" us players that are likely to be quality, and if we managed to loan someone like Pickford or Odegaard they would stagnate on the bench or in the EDS. The art is to get them earlier.
Thanks mate, I didn't express myself properly probably.
I know why we loan out young players and it's a great thing to do to give them 1st team experience.
What I'm getting at is say a club like Barcelona , Villa real or Madrid has a couple of player's who can't break into the 1st team because the manager doesn't fancy them, maybe we could loan them with a view to buy if they suit what we require and if they can successfully play in the premiership. It may save us ending up with more expensive Mangala/ Bony type players out on loan , worth a fraction of what we paid and us still covering part of their wages.

I know why we loan out young players and it's a great thing to do to give them 1st team experience.
What I'm getting at is say a club like Barcelona , Villa real or Madrid has a couple of player's who can't break into the 1st team because the manager doesn't fancy them, maybe we could loan them with a view to buy if they suit what we require and if they can successfully play in the premiership. It may save us ending up with more expensive Mangala/ Bony type players out on loan , worth a fraction of what we paid and us still covering part of their wages.
It sounds good in theory, but wht players are barca going to say "here, have them on loan and if you like, you cannhave". They did with adama traore at aston villa, and deulofeu at everton, but we are barcas rivals now.

I think the difficulty there is that Barce, Real, Villareal, Atletico and even Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund all have B teams that play in the actual league. They don't really need to loan players out as they put them in their competitive B team. Even clubs like Ajax, PSV, Benfica, Sporting, Porto have B teams playing proper league football. Some clubs even have C teams playing in regional leagues.

In that respect those clubs all have an advantage over the likes of us when it comes to "blooding" their young players. Look at Chelsea for example, they currently have 30+ players out on loan and everyone says thats a disgrace, yet Barcelona B last season had a squad of 31.

So the Barcelona B players will be coached using the same methods but Chelseas players will all be coached by different types of coaches at different levels.

The solution?

We do what Red Bull did in Germany when RB Leipzig was created - we buy a lower league clubs registration and play at perhaps Conference level or above. Football traditionalists would hate us for it though.

I think the difficulty there is that Barce, Real, Villareal, Atletico and even Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund all have B teams that play in the actual league. They don't really need to loan players out as they put them in their competitive B team. Even clubs like Ajax, PSV, Benfica, Sporting, Porto have B teams playing proper league football. Some clubs even have C teams playing in regional leagues.

In that respect those clubs all have an advantage over the likes of us when it comes to "blooding" their young players. Look at Chelsea for example, they currently have 30+ players out on loan and everyone says thats a disgrace, yet Barcelona B last season had a squad of 31.

So the Barcelona B players will be coached using the same methods but Chelseas players will all be coached by different types of coaches at different levels.

The solution?

We do what Red Bull did in Germany when RB Leipzig was created - we buy a lower league clubs registration and play at perhaps Conference level or above. Football traditionalists would hate us for it though.
OK thanks for explaining that mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.