City Player Of The Season so far

When choosing a man of the match, you have to decide who made the biggest contribution to the game and, in most cases, the player that won the game for us.

Applying the same principle to the season so far, I ask which player has changed the fortunes of the club compared with last year?

It has to be Ederson.

I think this time it’d be impossible to overlook a title winning City manager without making the whole process look petty, bitter and frankly downright ridiculous, so I think Pep will win. Kev and Leroy should win both the senior and junior awards, but they won’t. Of the two I’d suggest Leroy has the better chance, but if they’re up against anything resembling legitimate competition, as Kev is in the shape of Salah and Kane, then they’ve got no chance

Not saying we won't see some farcical results but it would be an absolute farce if KDB did not win PotY. He is the best football player in the league this season. Salah and Kane are scoring lots of goals for sure but Kev does very special things week in week out. He makes passes that most players can only ever dream about.

Aguero still has a better conversion rate than both Salah and Kane.

Interestingly, the two top ranked players on the whoscored.com ranking, which is not of course perfect but is not a bad indicator at all, are currently KDB followed by Sergio. For all the fuss about Kane and Salah, and I've seen limited amounts TBF of the latter, I think Sergio is still the best out and out striker in the league.

Sane is the best young player in the league this season by a considerable distance (unless Raz still qualifies). He has the natural skills and athleticism to become a serious Ballon D'Or contender.

Winning the league in fine style and having a bloody good crack at the UCL are far more important though than what happens on individual awards.

Not saying we won't see some farcical results but it would be an absolute farce if KDB did not win PotY. He is the best football player in the league this season. Salah and Kane are scoring lots of goals for sure but Kev does very special things week in week out. He makes passes that most players can only ever dream about.

Aguero still has a better conversion rate than both Salah and Kane.

Interestingly, the two top ranked players on the whoscored.com ranking, which is not of course perfect but is not a bad indicator at all, are currently KDB followed by Sergio. For all the fuss about Kane and Salah, and I've seen limited amounts TBF of the latter, I think Sergio is still the best out and out striker in the league.

Sane is the best young player in the league this season by a considerable distance (unless Raz still qualifies). He has the natural skills and athleticism to become a serious Ballon D'Or contender.

Winning the league in fine style and having a bloody good crack at the UCL are far more important though than what happens on individual awards.

It would indeed be a farce, but you should never underestimate the bitterness of all concerned when it comes to City. I’m certain that all the bollocks that gets spouted about how Kev is somehow unfairly advantaged by playing in a great team, will resonate with enough Terry Fuckwits for Salah or darling Harry to win. Leroy should be a shoe-in for YPOTY cos there’s no other credible candidate

Could be any of Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva or Ederson. Sterling and Otamendi deserve a mention too, very tough choice this year!

It would indeed be a farce, but you should never underestimate the bitterness of all concerned when it comes to City. I’m certain that all the bollocks that gets spouted about how Kev is somehow unfairly advantaged by playing in a great team, will resonate with enough Terry Fuckwits for Salah or darling Harry to win. Leroy should be a shoe-in for YPOTY cos there’s no other credible candidate

Ah well, on YPotY, Raz is eligible so he might well win. The only bookie's odds I could find on YPotY have Raz a 1/100 favourite!

Ah well, on YPotY, Raz is eligible so he might well win. The only bookie's odds I could find on YPotY have Raz a 1/100 favourite!

I’m surprised. Even though they both have days when they frustrate the life out of me, I’d far rather have a fit Sané at my disposal than a fit Raz. Conversely though I’d prefer Raz to win it just to shut the Scouse media mafia well and truly up!

Considering almost anyone with a brain has KDB down for PFA POTY, it is hard to say he isn’t the best player of the season at City, isn’t it?

While we do, indeed, have a large handful of players who have been outstanding (which is how you get to the top of the League with a 16 pt gap!), but it’s a no-brainer who has been the field leader and MOST outstanding player of an outstanding group.

I’m surprised. Even though they both have days when they frustrate the life out of me, I’d far rather have a fit Sané at my disposal than a fit Raz. Conversely though I’d prefer Raz to win it just to shut the Scouse media mafia well and truly up!

Sane is the more gifted but Raz has had a really good season and is still improving as a player. When both are in the team and on fire we are usually unstoppable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.