City players to have scored four in a game?

Some great shouts there, mate.
I only recalled them so quickly because Kidd’s was the 1st time I’d seen anyone score 4. I was there for Tueart’s v N.County, Uwe’s and Serge’s. Missed Edin’s and Tueart at Villa. Ask me who scored in half our games this season and I haven’t a fucking clue. Alzheimer’s. Or Tramadol. Or both!

Following on from Aguero’s double brace (is that even the correct term?!) against Leicester recently, was having a discussion with a few people in Basel about how many City players have scored four in a game. Not sure if we managed a definitive list or not, so how many can you name?
Trunktrick?

I only recalled them so quickly because Kidd’s was the 1st time I’d seen anyone score 4. I was there for Tueart’s v N.County, Uwe’s and Serge’s. Missed Edin’s and Tueart at Villa. Ask me who scored in half our games this season and I haven’t a fucking clue. Alzheimer’s. Or Tramadol. Or both!

Don’t remember Dennis scoring 4 v Villa. He got 3 at Villa Park in 78

Don’t remember Dennis scoring 4 v Villa. He got 3 at Villa Park in 78

As someone who's sad enough to see a debate like this and then go to research the point in the history section on this sitw, I can confirm that Dennis Tueart never scored four in a game against Aston Villa. As you say, he got a hat-trick at Villa Park in a 4-1 win early in the 1977/78 season. Tommy Booth got the other goal and Booth's headed effort plus two crackers from Tueart are shown in this youtube clip:

The history section shows that, aside from that night, Tueart scored four other goals against Villa across his two spells with City but never more than one in another single game. The Notts County League Cup tie is the only occasion on which I can recall him notching four in a match, though it's possible that he did so again and my memory's failing.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.