City post record revenues of £473.4million for 16/17

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by ManCityX, 8 Nov 2017.

1. Ric

Ric

Yeah, I always look forward to his views on our accounts. Worth a read:
    https://twitter.com/SwissRamble

2. Jordie

Jordie

New kit deal and sponsorship deal will be announced just after the announcement of Messi signing on a free, that should bump up the figures a little.

3. Cityfan

Cityfan

Looks like Prestwich Blue is chatting about the accounts on the 93:20 podcast for anyone who is interested .I haven't listened yet but will do later.

4. Pablo ZZZ Peroni

Pablo ZZZ Peroni

Excellent podcast - very nice work @Prestwich_Blue

5. Mr.Banks

Mr.Banks

Where is that? I can't find it in the list on soundcloud?

6. waspish

waspish

Subscription based £40 a year or you can pay 6 monthly. Have to say well worth it load more content.

7. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

The Bernardo Silva purchase is not included in the financial report - it is listed as an event not included in the report. Due to amortisation It won't have an impact till 2022 anyway.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:43 PM
  8. Cityfan

Cityfan

Any purchase will have an effect, the following year. The amortisation spreads the purchase cost over the period of the contract, so in a five year contract after one year 20% of the price will be removed from our assets and costed as an expense surely?

9. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

So this season = 20% of his transfer fee.
    2018/19 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
    2019/20 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
    2020/21 season = 20% of his tranzfer fee
    2021/22 season = 20% of his transfer fee.
    If his purchase was included in last season's accounts his transfer fee would disappear off the books in 2021 leaving that money available for other fees in season 2021/22. Hence my comment about it not making any difference till 2022 (when the season 2021/22 accounts are prepared and published).

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017 at 4:18 PM
  10. blueparrot

blueparrot

The difference is if he had been included on last years figures we would already have paid his amortised fee last year. As it is he wasn't so we have to find his 20% amortised fee in addition to what we made last season, along with the fees for our other summer / January 18 signings. Not that I think that's a problem.