City post record revenues of £473.4million for 16/17

How does that lower profit affect us from an FFP/spending viewpoint, both in terms of what we've already spent and what we intend to spend next summer? Wasn't the estimated amortised amount for this summer's splurge about £30m?
We’re actually in profit for 2017/18 on player trading.

Added £30m per year amortisation but get to book Iheanacho, Sancho, Kolarov and a few others in this financial year.

Income

51.86 Matchday - down a tad from 52.52 (fewer home games)

47.92 UEFA - down from 61.24 (lower share of market pool and L16 as opposed to SF)

155.56 PL – up from 100.14 (new PL Domestic TV Deal)

218.03 Commercial – up from 177.87 (BIG increase after being relatively flat last couple of years)

473.38 – up from 391.75

So a big increase in turnover but as profit has dropped there has to be a big increase in certain expenses. The biggest ones:

264.13 Wages - up from 197.5 . (BIG increase and now pretty much the same as United. Reasons? Pep and his £15m(?) salary, the cost of his team, bonuses on the out of contract players which were loaded to the end of contracts, new players etc and prob other reasons as well

121.74 Amortisation – up from 93.95. (Transfers cost money! A tad below the equivalent figure for United)

94.17 External Charges – up from 76.92 (Don’t know what these are)

Now await the expert Prestwich Blue and his interpretation…..
Really helpful that. Thanks very much. To be fair at this moment the players we have in the pitch are major assets for this football club. We would make an absolute fortune on some of those players if we wanted to.

There shouldn't be a problem with the extra £30 million amortisation if the Sheikh increases the number of tickets he buys each week to 45 000 and increases the number of Abu Dhabi sponsorship deals by four. At least that''s what the bloke from Rawk & Gunner Accountants (Isle of Man) told me.

Doesn't include the summer transfers, this is at the bottom, so I assume next years figures will need to cover the amortised version of the £161 mill net spend which I guess is about £30 mill /year we will need to find.

28. EVENTS AFTER THE REPORTING DATE Since the year end the Club has entered into agreements to acquire the football registrations of Ederson Santana de Moraes (from Benfica), Kyle Walker (from Tottenham Hotspur FC), Benjamin Mendy (from AS Monaco FC), Danilo Luiz da Silva (from Real Madrid C.F.), Bernardo Silva (from AS Monaco FC), Douglas Luiz Soares de Paulo (from CR Vasco da Gama), Olarenwaju Kayode (from FK Austria Wien), Ivan Ilic (from Red Star Belgrade), Luka Ilic (from Red Star Belgrade) and Uriel Antuna (from Santos Laguna). The football registrations of Wilfried Bony (to Swansea City AFC), Kelechi Iheanacho (to Leicester City FC), Manuel Agudo Durán (to Sevilla FC), Fernando Francisco Reges Mouta (to Galatasaray SK), Samir Nasri (to Antalyaspor), Aleksandar Kolarov (to AS Roma), Jadon Sancho (to Borussia Dortmund), Olivier Ntcham (to Celtic FC), Rubén Sobrino (to Deportivo Alavés) and Bruno Zuculini (to Hellas Verona FC) have been sold. The net expenditure on these transactions was approximately £161m.
I'm no money expert or that but to me paying out 161m for all that activity shows a shrewd bit of business in my eyes.
That net spend is pretty spectacular.

I'm no money expert or that but to me paying out 161m for all that activity shows a shrewd bit of business in my eyes.
That net spend is pretty spectacular.
I dont have any worries with it especially as we seemed happy enough to add Sanchez at 50 mill to it, they must be happy its covered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.