City return to pre-season a week later than anyone else

Marvin

According to Sky we return to pre-season training on the 10th July.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...do-premier-league-clubs-return-for-pre-season

Most clubs start on the 3rd July, and some even earlier than that. Seems odd to me, particularly as we have Summer tours. I know players are given their own regimes to follow during the summer, but even so I don't like the idea of City being the last to start pre-season.

However you can not say last season that fitness was an issue for City. In fact players like Toure were a lot fitter than they had been in previous seasons. Still a little surprising though

They have only just stopped playing with internationals and bernie and bravo have the confederations cup to play in yet,also pep likes them to have proper rest,as usual nothing to see here

Maybe better bringing a majority of the players back in one go instead of players returning in drips and drabs due to internationally duties. I know some will return later due to Confederations cup but this will only affect 2 or 3 ;)

Given the marker Pep laid down last year, I can't imagine too many players won't come into camp fit already. Then, it is a matter of tactics, technique, and pushing them all for that other 10% you can't get by running on the beach/treadmill/track. Each player is given an off season regimen and areas to watch out for and improve upon, so with the competition for places being so fierce, players who don't come in ready to go may be betting their careers with Pep.

Many, many players have been involved in these post season qualifiers and friendlies, so their season has been one month longer than the PL calendar says. Pep treats the players like adult men. We will soon find out who is and is not worthy of the handle.

Given the marker Pep laid down last year, I can't imagine too many players won't come into camp fit already. Then, it is a matter of tactics, technique, and pushing them all for that other 10% you can't get by running on the beach/treadmill/track. Each player is given an off season regimen and areas to watch out for and improve upon, so with the competition for places being so fierce, players who don't come in ready to go may be betting their careers with Pep.

Many, many players have been involved in these post season qualifiers and friendlies, so their season has been one month longer than the PL calendar says. Pep treats the players like adult men. We will soon find out who is and is not worthy of the handle.
I am sure City's players will be fit. It is a noticeable difference to everyone else. Perhaps Guardiola wants them all well rested before we start.

When did 'pre-season' start?

In the old days players would come back from holiday at the end of July, stub out their Woodbines, play a couple of 3rd division sides and be ready for the season.

By April , most would be match fit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.