City return to pre-season a week later than anyone else

When did 'pre-season' start?

In the old days players would come back from holiday at the end of July, stub out their Woodbines, play a couple of 3rd division sides and be ready for the season.

By April , most would be match fit

You forgot the weekly team building over 8 pints of bitter - running from July to May each season

I think it's good, players are deprived of proper breaks and real rest so it will do them good. Yes we could start slowly but for once I'd rather end strongly and win the big trophies than be top on a great run only for the season to pretty much collapse and end by November.

Silva (B) will play until the 2nd July if Portugal get to the final of the Confed Cup, can't imagine he will come back until the end of July. Barcelona have a fitness regime that peaks towards the latter stage of the season, a bit more difficult in England but with no CL qualifier perhaps Pep has that in mind for this season.

When did 'pre-season' start?

In the old days players would come back from holiday at the end of July, stub out their Woodbines, play a couple of 3rd division sides and be ready for the season.

By April , most would be match fit
By April, most would need a new liver

i like the idea of giving them off as long as possible, time to rest and recover, more hungry for action, players of today stay fit, all will be good come august.

I think it's a good idea. Bravo and Sanchez will need the rest as they are at the Conf Cup and B. Silva at the U21s

Not sure of other players commitments but they are fit athletes and if you can't trust them to behave for an extra week then they shouldn't be coming back at all

Also, if we don't sign players before we start then they get the extra week with the current club

Chelsea did do it the season it went tits up for them. Probably more to do with Mourinho being a ****, though than the preseason date

F**k me....not everyone's favorite player - but he scored many a important goal for us!

If our current manager says he came back unfit or overweight, that's not my fault. It's unprofessional. His attitude is rock bottom and Vardy showed his temperament is questionable too. Oh and let's not forget the Drip Doctors!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.