city semi final 80/81 v lpool

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by aguerooooo, 12 Feb 2018 at 10:33 AM.

1. blue by birth

blue by birth

Yeah the Joe Dolce song... remember that went on for ages at game...was funny but weird

2. shadowplay

shadowplay

Lyrics were changed not so subtly to "kick the scouser in the face". Happy days..

3. mancunial

mancunial

When grey disallowed the reeves goal I remember grey allowing Liverpool taking a quick free kick as the city players were celebrating, they broke into citys area and I think Nicky Reid or Tommy Caton Sussed it and managed to put it out of play, the one thing that really baffled me was grey was urging Liverpool forward waving his arms, if ever their was a more sinister officiating in a really important game I’ve only seen by Riley at Trafford pizzagate

4. RobertoM

RobertoM

Seem to remember the fab3 of Bobby M, Tommy H & Gerry G being unavailable as they were cup tied.

5. old blue

old blue

Retired
    Nice one, Jim.

6. Stevieatlasblue

Stevieatlasblue

I was there both legs..we were robbed big time..cheers Alf grey you bitch.

7. Stevieatlasblue

Stevieatlasblue

Amazing atmosphere at both legs..good days.

8. aguerooooo

aguerooooo

who scored our goal in the second leg i was also at liverpool i thought it was Bennett BM goes with Reeves but interestingly in Reeves History he never scored a goal for us in the league cup

9. JCB001

JCB001

10. beehive_bob

beehive_bob

I went to both legs too. We played 'em off the park at Anfield, think Dave Bennett hit the bar in the second half which would have put us 2-1 up. Scousers were quiet up until a few minutes from the end, they were nervous and knew they were in a game, City's support was brilliant that night. Remember big Joe Corrigan coming over to us in the corner after the game to applaud us, this was in the days when it wasn't something that was routinely done by players.