City set to dominate Utd for a generation

It feels strange to say but at 54 years old with 47 match going seasons behind me it's unlikely we'll be playing second fiddle to the scum while I'm fit enough to carry on attending games.

I can’t help but dream of drawing them in the next round of the FA Cup and the CL. Imagine how great it would be to knock them out of two competitions then (hopefully) beat them in a meaningless game for City which would help the dippers take fourth spot from them.

It would have to be the greatest season for any fan base in the history of sports.

Good article. But doesn’t really tell us anything we don’t already know.
Sounds like the author could be a rag saying that Maureen was left with a load of shite whilst Pep had everything in place years before he came.
You could give Maureen a 10 year contract and a billion to spend and he will still get nowhere near Pep.
One is a football genius, the other is a dinosaur from the past.
Sign that contract José!

The fact is we have a long term strategy and they don’t. It’s fair to say having finished above them every year for 5 years we are already becoming the dominant team but we need to win
trophies and stay grounded because things change quickly in football.

The article is superficial in its reasoning as to the root causes and symptoms of united’s decline, which extend way beyond poor player recruitment.

Their problems are structural and systemic and relate (inter alia) to their ownership personnel, levels of debt, corporate structure, ineffectual senior management, a culture of complacency and ossification, crumbling infrastructure and a greatly diminished and declining youth set-up. Not only are they being cast adrift, but there are are no discernible means in place to address that. If and when they wake up, it will take at least half a decade to turn the tanker around, if the will is there to endure the pain and patience that will entail.

In short, they are fucked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.