City set to dominate Utd for a generation

Park life.

hat_doff.gif

It feels strange to say but at 54 years old with 47 match going seasons behind me it's unlikely we'll be playing second fiddle to the scum while I'm fit enough to carry on attending games.

And long may you continue attending games to see us dominate :)

Indeed but it's possibly the ultimate big money spinner that would go some way to keeping the old powers happy as they will benefit most. As they still run the game....
I think the sands are shifting more than some people realise. The grip of the established powers on the game, even united, is definitely slipping.

They’ll always be there or thereabouts. A club as big as United don’t just simply go away. But there’s a general sense in which we already are dominating — we will have finished above them for five successive seasons at the end of this (hope I’m not jinxing that). Once that was unthinkable for them, and only thinkable with difficulty for us.
Above all, what strikes me is how long-term our planning is, and how they’re playing a purely reactive game to it. Mourinho — reaction to get back in the mix at all costs. Sanchez — reaction to get back in the mix at all costs. And so on. If we can get Pep to extend his contract by two years, or even three, I just don’t thing we’ll ever look back.

They’ll always be there or thereabouts. A club as big as United don’t just simply go away. But there’s a general sense in which we already are dominating — we will have finished above them for five successive seasons at the end of this (hope I’m not jinxing that). Once that was unthinkable for them, and only thinkable with difficulty for us.
Above all, what strikes me is how long-term our planning is, and how they’re playing a purely reactive game to it. Mourinho — reaction to get back in the mix at all costs. Sanchez — reaction to get back in the mix at all costs. And so on. If we can get Pep to extend his contract by two years, or even three, I just don’t thing we’ll ever look back.
To me getting Pep to extend must be our priority add to that succession planning with his successor identified in place and training we have an opportunity to be at the top table of European football for years. I don't think we will be far enough along to maintain if he goes summer 19.

To me getting Pep to extend must be our priority add to that succession planning with his successor identified in place and training we have an opportunity to be at the top table of European football for years. I don't think we will be far enough along to maintain if he goes summer 19.

We managed to out perform United for 3 seasons with Pellegrini in charge using a squad Mancini built. If Pep leaves in 2019 (which I don’t think he will). Whoever comes in will inherit a squad that will need minor tweaks for the next few seasons and not the wholesale changes Pep had to make.

We are a much better club in the footballing side of things than them, whilst they use a scattergun transfer policy in hope something will work.

The key is recruitment
No big time Charlie’s
The pep way is to spot players like sane se Bruyne and Jesus
Good players yes, but did anyone really expect them to be so good!
The united way is short term like Sanchez matic etc
Martial and Rashford wouldn’t have be signed under mourinho
Just gotta keep doing what we do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.