City shirt on telly

That’s Spooky Spanish Blue. I was about to say Gerry Booth in the Dustbinmen as your post came through

Maaaaaaam it's the dustbin men
Haha jacket and hat covered in City
23bd5af4999928c0b144488c2f884010.jpg

Last edited:
Jimmy Grimble used to be my favourite fictitious blue until I found out that the lad who played him was a rag.
Fave now is old Tommy out of Early Doors.

Was he really a rag? Bastard. Class film though, I occasionally watch it when i get nostalgic for Maine Road. Also it gave me my name on blue moon.

Lots of City fans in TV dramas over the years. Usually they would play either rebellious types, sad loners, or someone who was a proper Mancunian. Corrie obviously has had loads of City references over the years (the McDonald twins - one was red and one was blue - with a 5-1 newspaper poster above his bed - but I think the writers got confused and Steve became a blue but was a red at some point?). So, Corrie mentions are good but there was once an Eastenders episode where Pete Beale was walking down Albert Square singing Blue Moon at the height of the Blue Moon initial craze. No mistaking that this was supposed to be a City ref in my mind (Liam in Corrie also used to sing Blue Moon on occasion and the character was a City fan but the actor who played him is an Evertonian).

Cracker's son often wore a 'Better that Best' Blue Print Tee-shirt and there were other City references. In one episode there had been a body found in one of the Moss Side back alleys and passages and you could see the Main Stand in the background (though only locals or City fans would've recognised it from that angle).

Years ago I remember seeing a repeat of Budgie (Adam Faith) and he encountered a drunken 'City' fan walking down the street. He was celebrating a City win over Fulham and had a bob-hat and scarf on that matched MCFC's colours (not Coventry the only other possibility).

In Casualty when it first started there was a regular character from Manchester who was a MCFC fan in the script (can't remember his name).

I watched a re-run of The Street a few months back. Virtually every episode was riddled with City supporters, City plugs or City pics, tops etc. The main one was the twin who chocked on his sherbert lemon whilst watching the Derby in his City top. Barry from Aufederien Pet was the City fan taxI driver, the racist Chef was a City fan who hated Utd, Bob Hoskins was a City supporting Pub landlord in a Pub full of City pics. There were loads more. Jimmy Mcgovern despises Utd and will always use City fans and tops in his series if he can help it. There was one where there was a down syndrome kid who was Utd mad, so it was probably a little dig at Utd in some underhand way. He was a good little actor btw.

C4 News tonight. Piece on Zimbabwe and a guy in City shirt walking straight towards the camera.

By the way I like TBBT. There I said it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.