City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a ballot fair, when the model used by other clubs sees all season ticket holders eligible to apply for all games. When they win the ballot most sell the tickets on at a profit from fellow supporters. How is that fair?
With a ballot system you get two tickets if you win, lets say we get allocated 3K tickets (some are much less), 200 go to the club 200 go to corporate, that leaves 2600, so potentially 1300 winners. The pool of potential in the ballot is 43K SO 1 in 33 chance at a ballot. It might be every other season you get to any away game,IF YOU ARE LUCKY. Is this what you want? I much prefer a stepped process, which relates to having attended previous away fixtures, than that. Be careful what you wish for.
Make it that u have to apply for that certain game to be in the ballot — and limit the number of games you can apply for per season, regardless of winning or not... pretty sure 43k season ticket holders aren’t gonna apply for every away - there’s a problem with people not attending every home game...
And this is only a small percentage of the away allocation — people who have got the points to qualify and deservedly so won’t be affected. You could even scrap the ballot for certain games like the derby
There is zero chance of working your way up the points significantly without attending away games - that need 10,000+ points... In this system it’s a closed shop.

These pics are always worth a posting. Obviously one big tier would be first choice but if that isn't possible due to the logistics then something like this would be brilliant.

Imagine all the lower tier safe standing and then the upper section being filled with £299 seats. I'd have 93:20 written into the upper tier seats using white seating as well. Call it the 93:20 Stand since it was at that end after all.

IMG_6970.png

IMG_8670.jpg

Make it that u have to apply for that certain game to be in the ballot — and limit the number of games you can apply for per season, regardless of winning or not... pretty sure 43k season ticket holders aren’t gonna apply for every away - there’s a problem with people not attending every home game...
And this is only a small percentage of the away allocation — people who have got the points to qualify and deservedly so won’t be affected. You could even scrap the ballot for certain games like the derby
There is zero chance of working your way up the points significantly without attending away games - that need 10,000+ points... In this system it’s a closed shop.

Another thing they could do with a computerised ballot is give some sort of priority or weighting to supporters that live within a certain distance of the away grounds, even to the extent of the closer you are, the higher the weighting. Southampton is one of the easiest games for me to get to and I did get tickets from City last year but is there any chance for the last game of this season?

Have you even read what I wrote, how is it fair that the only away league I have been able to attend in with the City fans was Spurs and that was because someone couldn't go due to a late change of plans and kindly thought of me?

Careful what I wish for!

And in a sensible system the numbers in the ballot are not going to be anything like 43k (even for a derby). You design a system where people have to apply every time they want to be considered and you can even, for certain games limit applications to those with a minimum number of points or only have a ballot for a proportion of tickets i.e. not every ballot has to be the same. What is required is the application of some intelligence to the process.

That people like Tolime and I plus a great many others who have shown massive loyalty to this club over many decades can virtually never get tickets for away games is not fair.

'shown massive loyalty to this club over many decades' why no points then? So you have no points at all, or is it you just can't attend? You have only been in the City end this season at Spurs? why did you not go away to Swansea etc. and others that sold out at low ticket points?

Your solution to YOUR problem is scrape the current system, as it doesn't work for me and my mates. Even though you had the opportunity to collect the same points as others, and they are now in front of you on the points scale?

Do you advise UEFA on future seeding policy.

The loyalty points are no longer fit for purpose.
Up to 2 years ago they were perfectly fair, as the more games you went to, the more you became eligible for due to supporter ‘natural wastage’ (awful term, I know.)
Since Joe’s and now the Tunnel Club, that has ceased to be the case. If you are not at the top of the loyalty point tree, you are getting further and further away. The number of games I have had enough points for has declined by 2 thirds over the last couple of years, so the ladder effect isn’t working.
A ballot has fair aspects to it but the people at the top of the loyalty points tree are not ‘the problem’ ihmo.
The only ‘fair’ thing to do would to stop the preferential treatment for premium/hospitality tickets but cant see that happening as they are part of the marketing pull.

You design a system where people have to apply every time they want to be considered and you can even, for certain games limit applications to those with a minimum number of points...
So, you're proposing a ballot to replace loyalty points but want loyalty points to decide who qualifies for the ballot?

It would not be unfair at all to have a ballot. Current loyalty points don't necessarily reflect loyalty. I've has a season ticket for 42 straight seasons and went to loads of away games - many in godforsaken places like Carlisle, Grimbsy and Southend - but little of my pre-loyalty points loyalty is reflected in my points total; nor is the fact that I have had to sit with the home supporters at several away games this season or paid sixty fucking quid for a seat at West Ham next week.

I've also lived away from MCR area for the last 27 years so home games involve a 360 mile round trip.

Loyalty points have become a virtual closed shop; it's a sick joke now and needs to change.

Spot on

And for the record, I've got a fair amount of loyalty points myself - enough to get me to 16 away games a season pretty much, but it is hugely unfair to the next generation of City fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.