City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Etihad should be expanded to at least 75,000.
61,000 is insufficient. Arsenal already have this capacity. Spurs and Liverpool will have it soon and we'd still be well behind the rags.
We can easily afford it and the capital invested on infrastructures is not even subject to FFP regulations.

The ground would be full for games against rags, dippers, goons, spuds and renties and by the time completed, our fan base will have expanded so much due to several years of dominance in domestic league and Europe, we'd fill it for most other games too.

We need to be very ambitious on and off the field as befits our new status in world football.
Totally agree mate , the people running the club should stop wasting time and expand the stadium, so what if we don't sell out all the games , doesn't seem to bother Barcelona or Real Madrid !

Like your thinking and lets say we develop the Family stand, where do you propose the additional seating to take it to 70K + would be situated?

TBH I don't really know.

I do know we'd contract the best, most expensive planners, architects, surveyors and builders to come up with the solution.

Totally agree mate , the people running the club should stop wasting time and expand the stadium, so what if we don't sell out all the games , doesn't seem to bother Barcelona or Real Madrid !

I'd say go for it but the access to and from the stadium via transport is poor compared to Old Trafford. They've got motorways and main roads right by the ground, multiple metro stops and lines and a train station on a main line.

Eastlands is a nightmare to get away from unless on foot.

I'd say go for it but the access to and from the stadium via transport is poor compared to Old Trafford. They've got motorways and main roads right by the ground, multiple metro stops and lines and a train station on a main line.

True mate , but that's something the club should be pushing with the council and Gtr Manchester transport people, I agree the public transport is really piss poor to the stadium !

Have you ever driven out of Old Trafford on a game day, mate? Last time I did it took me over an hour to get out of the car park (we had just won 6-1 so I wasn’t too bothered :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.