'All Or Nothing' - NO SPOILERS! - no content discussion

Yeh guys, I totally understand why Sky wouldn't want Amazon bidding for live action rights. But as I pointed out in my post, Scudamore and the PL do this every single time the rights are up for negotiation - link a company that has no intention of bidding, and they never end up bidding.

Apple, Facebook and Disney all linked in the past with outbidding Sky for the rights, but it never happens. Amazon is just the latest company to be linked with bidding for the main rights, but they never do.

If you go back and look over the last few bidding cycles, the exact same story appears at exactly the same time across all the newspapers when the rights are due to go to tender. I'm sure Sky are wise to it by now.

Amazon making a documentary about City and Amazon bidding for the main UK Live TV rights to the PL are two completely different things. I don't think Sky will be at all concerned about the former, and given Scudamore's previous, I don't think they will be too concerned about the latter.
BT bid last time.

Murdoch not happy the daft ****:-)

Meet Jeff Bezos your Nemesis...
Can't wait for Amazon to buy the premier league rights...Would definitely get subscription for it...

You don't have to. Modern TVs are internet enabled and you can watch Amazon Prime/Netflix/iPlayer etc on the TV.

Time to get rid of the black and white portable. ;-)

You mean you can get colour, now ? Unbelievable !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/sky-sports-execs-unhappy-over-11329016

Sky Sports execs 'unhappy' over rival Amazon Prime's £10million deal with Manchester City for 'fly-on-the-wall' TV series

Amazon will film the main characters behind-the-scenes at the Etihad for an entire season - from in the dug-out and in the dressing room to on and off the training pitch

Stephen Jones
  • 08:33, 12 OCT 2017
  • UPDATED09:12, 12 OCT 2017
2017-Premier-League-Manchester-City-v-WBA-May-16th.jpg

Manchester City is reported to be in negotiation with Amazon (Image: Action Plus)
Sky Sports executives are reportedly 'unhappy' at details of a rumoured £10million new 'fly-on-the-wall' TV series about Manchester City to be broadcast on its rival Amazon Prime which have leaked.

The club is said to be in the final stages of finalising the details for a new documentary with the online broadcaster - despite Premier

The highly lucrative deal is set to allow the TV newcomers to film behind-the-scenes - everything from in the dug-out and on the training pitch to in the dressing room - at the club for an entire season.

It's understood that they will have "access all areas" permission to follow the main characters on and off the pitch for a series of programmes that will only be available on Amazon Prime - home to shows like Jeremy Clarkson's The Grand Tour.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.