City U18's v Chelsea U18's @ CFA Saturday 5th March, 11 am KO

I think Pep will be confident to dangle the carrot of first team football to younger players excelling at youth level. He's so focussed on the shape of the team and the overall game plan in each match that the individuals, though under pressure to perform, don't wholly matter from game to game. He's managed to take players out of their comfort zones and play them at full back when they're centre backs, or at defensive midfield. He's moved wingers more central, he's played with and without strikers - he's pretty much tried it all. If the players have the commitment, confidence and technique he demands then they'll get opportunities.

At academy level we've seen this sort of thing, with players being tried in various positions to improve their awareness and technique. I think under Pep we'll truly see an "if you're good enough you're old enough" approach and his own confidence and nurturing management style will help develop and enhance younger players. He's only going to hang out to dry those that don't work hard. As fans, that's exactly what we want to see.

I think it works like the top 3rd of the north and south leagues play in the top group and the middle play middle in the 2nd group and the shit teams play in the 3rd group.
Given their reputation, Southampton are surprisingly down there with them. They managed to win even less games than the rags did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.