City u19 V Celtic 1700 hrs BT sports

A couple of real classy touches from Diallou tonight which has largely been missing on the occasions I've seen him in recent times. He's just been a general dogsbody without doing anything special.

When I saw him a couple of years ago, he just glided around the pitch & looked a level above. I was wondering where that had gone, but perhaps it's still in there. Encouraging.

Brilliant from City. Fully deserved the victory and great performances all over the pitch.

I thought Brahim had a quiet game, not surprising really, as he's not a striker, though He came into when Isaac Buckley was introduced, as proved by the way he set up the fourth.

Looking good for the top two.

A couple of real classy touches from Diallou tonight which has largely been missing on the occasions I've seen him in recent times. He's just been a general dogsbody without doing anything special.

When I saw him a couple of years ago, he just glided around the pitch & looked a level above. I was wondering where that had gone, but perhaps it's still in there. Encouraging.

I have been thinking the same but today I saw some of the quality again although he took a while to get into the game I thought. Overall though a really good professional team performance. Nemane the star player imo with his aggressive direct play which murdered any defender who tried to stop him. How the hell he missed that chance late on is baffling!

I liked Duhaney, again. Quick and seems to be able to do the defending job as well as getting forward. The quality is their in Brahim but I agree he isn't best suited to playing the 9 role with his back to goal. But just when I was wondering how we were going to make chances it was a bit of his quality that allowed Nemane to cross for Dilrosun. Still very unsure about Dilrosun.

Isaac Buckley was seriously good when he came on wasn't he. Two goals but again it was his pace , like Nemane, that caused Celtic so many problems.

I have been thinking the same but today I saw some of the quality again although he took a while to get into the game I thought. Overall though a really good professional team performance. Nemane the star player imo with his aggressive direct play which murdered any defender who tried to stop him. How the hell he missed that chance late on is baffling!

I liked Duhaney, again. Quick and seems to be able to do the defending job as well as getting forward. The quality is their in Brahim but I agree he isn't best suited to playing the 9 role with his back to goal. But just when I was wondering how we were going to make chances it was a bit of his quality that allowed Nemane to cross for Dilrosun. Still very unsure about Dilrosun.

Isaac Buckley was seriously good when he came on wasn't he. Two goals but again it was his pace , like Nemane, that caused Celtic so many problems.

Buckley did very well & a nice cut back which Nemane should have scored.

Diaz has clearly got special ability & is currently finding his feet at this age group. It will be a surprise if he doesn't make it all the way. But I wonder what will happen with these lads like Nemane & Buckley. Nemane in particular. He makes wrong choices sometimes & cocks things up, but I'm not sure he does that any more often than Diaz or Manu Garcia or any of the foreign players. Just he doesn't do it with a flourish when he falls over.

On the credit side, his contribution is almost always consistently amongst the best in the team. But nobody seems to notice. Maybe his size will count against him but for sheer end product, he really deserves to be thought of as one of the better prospects.

It may well be he case that players such as Diaz just power past him over the next few years. But I really hope he gets an opportunity to have a go at our first team. He isn't going to keep out Sane or Gabriel Jesus, but he might be someone who, at 21+, could play in a first team game like tonight & run the shit out of Celtic's fullback for an hour & knacker him out before a fancy dan comes on as sub & kills him. We don't just want to produce one kind of neat, tidy Spanish style player imo. Nemane is something different & unpredictable.

As for Dilrosun, I thought he'd grown some football intelligence last season but now seems to have none. Trying too hard to impress perhaps ? Or just greedy & brainless ? Definitely talented.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.