City v Arsenal friendly post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
This thread still fucking going!?!

Get over it people it was a friendly fuck knows what you'll be like when we lose an actual competitive game!!!

Oooh I know but it's exciting isn't it? And let's face it it passes the time while we are waiting for the new season!

Get over it people it was a friendly fuck knows what you'll be like when we lose an actual competitive game!!!
luckly half of them are wumming and pretending to be city fans and the other half never go to the game.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:01 pm --<br /><br />

luckly half of them are wumming and pretending to be city fans and the other half never go to the game.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
United won the league at a canter with a defence which leaked for fun last season.

That was down to Van Persie's own strike rate and our own wastefulness in front of goal.

However, I don't see any real problems for us scoring goals from all areas of the pitch this season. That will certainly help on the road, where the margins for error were so fine under a Mancini set-up.

I do sense a real weakness from the diagonal ball played over our centre-backs and towards Clichy's side, though.

Can see us picking up a few red cards as a result.

Perhaps 4-5-1 away from home?
Is that down to personnel, or the high line we're now playing.

Hopefully we'll get used to the new system quickly

Will not be good if we can dominate a game for 20 mins, and then one ball in behind leads to a one on one with our keeper.

Getting the balance right is key

I'd prefer to stick with Mancini's system and just a change in personnel.

I really don't see much of a higher line being played?

The majority of goals I have seen us concede this pre-season, and even towards the end of last season, (Spurs etc) are errors on the edge of our own penalty area.

Mancini's system is the reason he got the sack. It was beyond cautious. I do believe when Fernandinho gets up-to-speed, there will be much more assurance.

Komps is such a good footballer, I sometimes get the impression he over-estimates what he can and can't do. That ball over the top has always been a problem for him.

He started last season like Bambi on ice if we can recall, a sense of panic every time he was turned or dragged out of the middle.

I still expect a much-improved proposal to Madrid this week for Pepe, someone of that ilk, we desperately still need it IMO.
Have you watched any of the pre season games or just seen the goals? I'm being genuine asking that question, not having a go.

I didn't see the game yesterday, but I've seen every other pre season game other than the first one in South Africa, and I've noticed a significant difference in how high a line we've played in every game.

The second game in South Africa, and against Milan in particular, the opponents just kept dropping balls in behind us and it looked like we were going to concede every time they attacked.

Kolarov, Lescott, Zabba and to a lesser extent Kompany and Nasti are not suited to playing such a high line as they are not blessed with enough pace.

With the direct style of so many teams in the Prem I think we're going to be really vulnerable if we carry on with it.

AVB tried it in his first few months at Chelsea and it was an absolute disaster, I hope Pelligrini learns from his mistakes and doesn't stubbornly stick to it if it's not working just because it's his "philosophy".

Is a friendly alright,but would accept such defending in the PL or the CL?,i hope not .we played against them so we can gain confidence when we meet them at their backyard or anywhere else,so please stop saying is just a friendly.

afro2007 said:
Is a friendly alright,but would accept such defending in the PL or the CL?,i hope not .we played against them so we can gain confidence when we meet them at their backyard or anywhere else,so please stop saying is just a friendly.

Well said.

afro2007 said:

utter tosh! You really think we thought lets play Arsenal last pre-season game so we can gain confidence?? Seriously??

Just last week when played Bayern fans were saying how good we looked and now we look like a team that can compete in Europe now we get beat by Arsenal we're fucking shit and awful at defending!!

Shit like this that fucks me off in season never mind pre-season.

well according to this thread kompany,hart,,clichy,nasri, lescott,garcia,yaya,dzeko,jovetic,negredo,richards,zabs are all shit , only silva and fernandhino are worth keeping , i dont think we should bother turning up against the geordies, lets just hope we get the 40pts we need to stay in the premiership , hold on a minute weve played a few friendly games to get the squad to match fitness , so the world isnt going to end after all.

Not sure if it has been noted or if the video has been uploaded, but did anyone see Vinny's post match reaction??

From what I gathered it looks like Pellegrini has been running the lads into the ground this week and come match day they were all very tired, Vinny also saying something on the lines of when he found out the weeks preparation from both teams going into the game they were both very different.

I suppose this is where Wenger and Arsenal will benefit, their squad and manager all understand each other perfectly well and all know what is expected of them going into pre-season. Our boys are still trying to understand Pellegrini's thinking and work ethic.

I think the big factor this Summer I have noticed is the new fitness requirement put in by Pellegrini, I for one definitely believe one of the reasons we were so poor last season was because our fitness overall was very poor.

Dortmund at home was a joke in terms of how much fitter they were.

sam-caddick said:
I think the big factor this Summer I have noticed is the new fitness requirement put in by Pellegrini, I for one definitely believe one of the reasons we were so poor last season was because our fitness overall was very poor.

Dortmund at home was a joke in terms of how much fitter they were.

Agreed. The fitness levels of the team last season were disgusting. Almost every team looked fitter and sharper than us, and when players came back from injury they seemed to take a while to get up to speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.