City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

They did well on the whole without the ball & also had a few decent attacks, but it's bizarre reading some of the so called 'experts' view on various games as 'the way to beat City' as we have had it said about every method used so far. Pressing us is 'ths way to beat City' sitting back & parking the bus is 'the way to beat City' & the only team to actually beat City, was Shakhtar, who did it by playing better than us, on the night.

These dickheads in the media are desperate to find a secret formula that renders us impotent & there is not a chance in fucking hell of that happening. We will slip up here & there by a team grafting it out or luck or bad reffing or sometimes, someone will play better on the day than we did.

But that doesn't mean some other fucker can just do the same & beat us the week after.

Well said. The McCoist article was hilarious. I think Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas have also suggested ways to beat us and weaknesses during the season.

We have lost 1 game all season and it was a nothing match for us. The league cup games have been close because we have played a weaker team generally.

The way to beat us is to hope we pick a weakened team and play shit.

Tha
Well said. The McCoist article was hilarious. I think Danny Murphy and Jermaine Jenas have also suggested ways to beat us and weaknesses during the season.

We have lost 1 game all season and it was a nothing match for us. The league cup games have been close because we have played a weaker team generally.

The way to beat us is to hope we pick a weakened team and play shit.
That is exactly my point said another way. Weaker team= not as strong a squad as we think. First team out would have made Bristol look shit. The reason they gave us a game is because we had some very average squad players giving poor performances.A couple of further points, Bernardo.. posters saying we need to give him longer to adapt WTF, he was not signed from Salford City. Some of the posters slagging off anyone who dares say anything negative about anyone. Yes we USEDto be shit and that WAS part of our istory, this is a great improvement. The bar has now been reset and mediocrity will no longer do , we have have to have the best to stay at the top. If the squad players are not good enough they have to be moved on, not given a season to “settle in”whatever that means. Sentiment wins fuck all.

Tha

That is exactly my point said another way. Weaker team= not as strong a squad as we think. First team out would have made Bristol look shit. The reason they gave us a game is because we had some very average squad players giving poor performances.A couple of further points, Bernardo.. posters saying we need to give him longer to adapt WTF, he was not signed from Salford City. Some of the posters slagging off anyone who dares say anything negative about anyone. Yes we USEDto be shit and that WAS part of our istory, this is a great improvement. The bar has now been reset and mediocrity will no longer do , we have have to have the best to stay at the top. If the squad players are not good enough they have to be moved on, not given a season to “settle in”whatever that means. Sentiment wins fuck all.

Yeah I agree, we should've fucked Stones and Sterling off to, fuck this time to adapt bollox.

Tha

By that logic you'd have binned Sterling, Sane and KDB half way through their first seasons too? They didn't light it up and they were guaranteed starters.

Bernardo has played very few minutes and generally when he starts he's played with the weaker players around him.

This lad will be vital in the latter stages of champions league where his technical qualities will come to the fore

There is a huge difference between Sterling, Sane, Stones, and Bernardo. It’s called age. The club can work with younger players to develop them. We are never going to get perfect signings all the time and for me Bernardo,Gundogan. Bravo. Mangala,Danilo, Toure and dare I say it Zachinko will never be the first names on a team sheet. As regards KDB he is playing fantastic football, I can never recall him playing shit, just not at the level he is at the moment.

There is a huge difference between Sterling, Sane, Stones, and Bernardo. It’s called age. The club can work with younger players to develop them. We are never going to get perfect signings all the time and for me Bernardo,Gundogan. Bravo. Mangala,Danilo, Toure and dare I say it Zachinko will never be the first names on a team sheet. As regards KDB he is playing fantastic football, I can never recall him playing shit, just not at the level he is at the moment.

Bernardo is the same age as Sterling and Stones.

Zevchenko is only just 21 .....Bernado is not much older I believe - so I think this is a bit defeatist

All the best in your next couple of games, but pick up a few injuries and come to Ashton Gate with a reserve side!
I promise you the 2nd leg won’t be for the feint hearted⚽

Surely you would prefer to see three of the world's current best footballers, KDB, Aguero and David Silva rocking up and playing at your gaff, rather than a team of relatively unknowns!

I knew Zinchenko was young, he just does not appear to have the ability, maybe confidence, to take a man on so always passes sideways or backwards. Just does not seem to have what it will take to be a top player. Maybe I am being a bit harsh on him but if we are aiming to stay at the top only the best will do. As regards Bernardo, I was not aware he was only 23 he looks a lot older with his thinning hair. If I am being kind, he just does not have what is needed for where we want to be. Hope he proves me wrong but I havn’t seen it yet. My acid test is would he get in to a top European team or at least a top 4 prem side and for both of them the answer is no. We don’t want to level off or decline, we want to get better going forward.

But Pep Guardiola signed him, only a few months ago, at this age.

I agree Zachinko will struggle though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.