City v Chelsea post match

One thing that has frustrated me of late is how selfish some of our play has been in the box, there were at least a couple of occasions yesterday were a shot was taken on when it could have been squared for a tap in, Sad to say Aguero seems to be the main culprit.

It's not a one-off though is. Can say that about Everton, Southampton, Boro etc. Remember Lukaku hitting Clichy on the break in their one counter attack. Same as yesterday. Aguero is slowing up. Need to replace him, and need to replace one if not two central defenders.

There was a moment in the second half yesterday where Aguero got himself in front of the Chelsea back 4 but by time he got his shot off they had recovered. Two or Three seasons ago no defender in the world would be getting back at Kun.

No great fan of any of our defenders but there's no doubt the way MP and Pep set up, leaves them more exposed than most managers would do.

Lots of talk about Mancini but he had Barry and De Jong sat in front. Lescott would get torn apart playing behind this midfield. We're too easy to get at.

Yes there are better defenders than we have at the mo but not many that would look comfortable in this system. Anyone hoping the cheque book will solve it could be disappointed. It's a formation issue not a personnel issue and at the moment, the rewards of playing with an extra attacking player are not justifying the managers choices.
If we want to protect the back four then we have ot set up with the two Ferns and Gundogan in midfield, with Fernando in front of the back four for 90 minutes and the one of the other two alongside him at any one time. But then we can only play 3 of Aguero, Silva, KDB, Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Navas, Jesus and Iheanacho.

There was a moment in the second half yesterday where Aguero got himself in front of the Chelsea back 4 but by time he got his shot off they had recovered. Two or Three seasons ago no defender in the world would be getting back at Kun.
I know. it's been happening gradually over 2-3 seasons. He was electric on his debut against Swansea but injuries have taken their toll. He's still a great striker, but he's not as quick as he was. I'd sel him because you can see he's on a downward curve. We need to think about what's coming next

taylor truly had such a poor game he is not fit to referee such games- his decision making was abject- could be considered corrupt but actually it was just ineptitude
he should not be allowed to ref in the Prem any more after that performance
he lives in Altrincham I believe- wish I was close!

But then we can only play 3 of Aguero, Silva, KDB, Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Navas, Jesus and Iheanacho.

Will be no bad thing and far more balanced a side if he did.

Trying way too hard to shoehorn players in right now when there shouldn't be any room for them all.

If we want to protect the back four then we have ot set up with the two Ferns and Gundogan in midfield, with Fernando in front of the back four for 90 minutes and the one of the other two alongside him at any one time. But then we can only play 3 of Aguero, Silva, KDB, Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Navas, Jesus and Iheanacho.

I disagree. There were points in that game yesterday at 1-0 where Otamendi was pushing into the box ahead of even Silva.

This total football shite we are doing is great, but there has to be a degree of discipline and Pep doesn't seem to care. We could play all of those defensive minded players and Pep would still be clapping them as they aimlessly run past KDB and David Silva.

It's not a one-off though is. Can say that about Everton, Southampton, Boro etc. Remember Lukaku hitting Clichy on the break in their one counter attack. Same as yesterday. Aguero is slowing up. Need to replace him, and need to replace one if not two central defenders.
There's a few coming round to this conclusion but you keep getting told he had a great season 3 yeas ago. Sell him and get two of Griezmann, Lacazette, Sanchez and Aubameyang in then we'd have a forward line to fear instead of having to rely one one increasingly erratic striker.

taylor truly had such a poor game he is not fit to referee such games- his decision making was abject- could be considered corrupt but actually it was just ineptitude
he should not be allowed to ref in the Prem any more after that performance
he lives in Altrincham I believe- wish I was close!

Ineptitude would suggest that Chelsea as well would this morning be scratching their heads about him.

They are not, he is a cheat, end of.

No shit Sherlock. But fans are getting a bit agitated as the same applied when we played Everton, Southampton and Boro in the previous home games. Teams mess up, but to mess up in four successive home league games is a major issue especially as we won the league in 2012 and 2014 dropping just 2 and 5 home points respectively.
Those saying we've blown the league are talking bollocks. Those who don't recognise we have a problem are just deluded.

Maybe you missed the rest of my post. I was saying it's NOT simply a matter of us taking our chances and then we would have won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.