City v Chelsea post match

There was a moment in the second half yesterday where Aguero got himself in front of the Chelsea back 4 but by time he got his shot off they had recovered. Two or Three seasons ago no defender in the world would be getting back at Kun.

I think Aguero's edge has been blunted to a degree by playing every game as a sole striker. He's obviously played that role in the past with devastating effect. But he's also mixed it up by frequently playing in a pair with the likes of Dzeko, Tevez etc (even Bony!). It seemed to me that those outings helped his game, kept him sharp. Its a tough ask for a little man to play repeatedly as a single stiker in the PL against packed defences.

Having had a night to sleep on it this is my take on yesterday.
  1. Played very well for a large portion of the game.
  2. We can not hit a barn door with a banjo, finishing is sub-standard.
  3. Defence - what defence there must be at least half the premier league sides who have better defences.
  4. Antony Taylor - not fit for purpose the whistle to the mouth incident with Luiz should be investigated by the FA, but won't be.
  5. Aguero is not the player he was, what is troubling him?
  6. Bravo - Why? The last thing this side needed was a replacement keeper, I am mystified by this decision.
  7. Results at home are pathetic last four games at the Etihad we have scored 4 and conceded 6 whilst accumulating just 3pts - simply not good enough.
I am hoping things improve but with that defence it is going to be a long season.
You needed a night to sleep on it and come up with that conclusion...this was pretty clear from the final whistle.

There was a moment in the second half yesterday where Aguero got himself in front of the Chelsea back 4 but by time he got his shot off they had recovered. Two or Three seasons ago no defender in the world would be getting back at Kun.

Most wont or refuse to see it.

Like Yaya a few season ago, we have big decisions to make on some players and i include Kun in that.

Keep a player who is still valuable but getting no younger, quicker and possibly more injury/suspension prone or sell for very good money after a magnificent spell with us and move the side forwards?

Huge call i know but big clubs make big calls on players all the time.

Most wont or refuse to see it.

Like Yaya a few season ago, we have big decisions to make on some players and i include Kun in that.

Keep a player who is still valuable but getting no younger, quicker and possibly more injury/suspension prone or sell for very good money after a magnificent spell with us and move the side forwards?

Huge call i know but big clubs make big calls on players all the time.

I think it's time he moves on. It'll really,really hurt. But if Jesus can play at that level and we can get a big fee for him, it makes sense. We have a terrible record of hanging on to these players too long and he's one that we'd still get mega money for.

Yesterday felt like the beginning of the end for some weird reason.

I think Aguero's edge has been blunted to a degree by playing every game as a sole striker. He's obviously played that role in the past with devastating effect. But he's also mixed it up by frequently playing in a pair with the likes of Dzeko, Tevez etc (even Bony!). It seemed to me that those outings helped his game, kept him sharp. Its a tough ask for a little man to play repeatedly as a single stiker in the PL against packed defences.

I agree, IMO Kun was at his best alongside Negredo and IIRC, whilst he was at Atletico he played alongside Forlan.

I just don't think that Kun is cut out for this system under Pep. If we had wingers who carried a goal threat like Barca have then Kun would excel. Quite often Kun wonders out wide leaving space for a winger to exploit but no one does.

The strengths of Sane and Sterling is to get assists and I think we need a target man who can also play to get the best out of the system. Someone like Lewandowski or Lukaku would be a better fit.

Off topic I know, but I actually think we played better football under Mancini. Fast and creative. And in his first full season we had one of the best defensive records.

You'll get a ban if you're not careful mate saying that. Even typing this post, I'm risking a ban myself. For the first time in six seasons we are not allowed to criticise the manager. It's not on. He's pep guardiola. Wash your mouth out and repeat after me....

"We've got.... (Clap Clap) Guardiola.."

I agree, IMO Kun was at his best alongside Negredo and IIRC, whilst he was at Atletico he played alongside Forlan.

I just don't think that Kun is cut out for this system under Pep. If we had wingers who carried a goal threat like Barca have then Kun would excel. Quite often Kun wonders out wide leaving space for a winger to exploit but no one does.

The strengths of Sane and Sterling is to get assists and I think we need a target man who can also play to get the best out of the system. Someone like Lewandowski or Lukaku would be a better fit.

Good post.

I've thought for a while Lewandowski, who can play both as a target man and a pacey attacker within build up play, would be perfect for us.

Watch Fabregas slap Ferni the ****..Even though he got a yellow he should get a ban for raising his hands against a player..

Does Fernandinho want to give Conte a slap too? Conte said something as he left the pitch and Fernandinho went mad again.
However, best of all was Kolarov, right at the end of the clip frantically suggesting it's our throw in, after Luiz kicked it out.

Last edited:
You'll get a ban if you're not careful mate saying that. Even typing this post, I'm risking a ban myself. For the first time in six seasons we are not allowed to criticise the manager. It's not on. He's pep guardiola. Wash your mouth out and repeat after me....

"We've got.... (Clap Clap) Guardiola.."

I take it you are banned then ?

What the fuck are you doing in this thread ?

Good post.

I've thought for a while Lewandowski, who can play both as a target man and a pacey attacker within build up play, would be perfect for us.

Aguero has needed others to take the responsibility for periods in pretty much every season he's been at the club, be it alongside him or instead of him.

I think it's something we haven't considered, due to his frequent injury periods.

We have probably dropped a bollock not having another senior striker with hidsight, either to play with, or instead of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.