City v Chelsea post match

Aguero has needed others to take the responsibility for periods in pretty much every season he's been at the club, be it alongside him or instead of him.

I think it's something we haven't considered, due to his frequent injury periods.

We have probably dropped a bollock not having another senior striker with hidsight, either to play with, or instead of him.

I agree.

Negredo was such a shame really because during that period they were both unplayable.

I feel we need someone who can play well in a quick pass and move system but can also head well and be a target man. This is all well and good saying it as there's not many about and they'll be pricey, but I'll be gobsmacked if we don't sign a big money striker in January.

Off topic I know, but I actually think we played better football under Mancini. Fast and creative. And in his first full season we had one of the best defensive records.

You'll get a ban if you're not careful mate saying that. Even typing this post, I'm risking a ban myself. For the first time in six seasons we are not allowed to criticise the manager. It's not on. He's pep guardiola. Wash your mouth out and repeat after me....

"We've got.... (Clap Clap) Guardiola.."

"Emperors New Clothes"................................... just saying like!!!

Sorry but I said at the beginning of the season that I was not taken in by the hype and would let Guardiola prove himself...................... well I've managed until now, he is City's manager so I will support him BUT it doesn't mean I can't see that he is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination!!

Once more I say, I support Manchester City, managers and players come and go but that is the one constant and that is why I keep going.

I agree.

Negredo was such a shame really because during that period they were both unplayable.

I feel we need someone who can play well in a quick pass and move system but can also head well and be a target man. This is all well and good saying it as there's not many about and they'll be pricey, but I'll be gobsmacked if we don't sign a big money striker in January.

He may not be a traditional target man but isn't Gabriel Jesus effectively our big money January signing?

It will be interesting if he complements Kun or, longer term, replaces him.

I think it's time he moves on. It'll really,really hurt. But if Jesus can play at that level and we can get a big fee for him, it makes sense. We have a terrible record of hanging on to these players too long and he's one that we'd still get mega money for.

Yesterday felt like the beginning of the end for some weird reason

Yes we lost the game and that referee was atrocious but this over reaction is quite ridiculous. We know our defence needs an overhaul which will be sorted by next season but we played some damn fine football yesterday and clearly missed many chances which drives you crazy.

For me...I'm prepared to take the up and down ride this season until Pep can sort the final team out for next season....because I believe next season will be our time. Maybe I'm a bit more patient than most on here and, saying that, it's still gonna be very interesting to see what we achieve this season.

I advise everyone to try and calm down, enjoy your Sunday roast or Chicken Jalfrezi and toast the future of our great club with a drink of your choice......THERE IS SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO.....have to go now as my first Glenmorangie has arrived.

Yes we lost the game and that referee was atrocious but this over reaction is quite ridiculous. We know our defence needs an overhaul which will be sorted by next season but we played some damn fine football yesterday and clearly missed many chances which drives you crazy.

For me...I'm prepared to take the up and down ride this season until Pep can sort the final team out for next season....because I believe next season will be our time. Maybe I'm a bit more patient than most on here and, saying that, it's still gonna be very interesting to see what we achieve this season.

I advise everyone to try and calm down, enjoy your Sunday roast or Chicken Jalfrezi and toast the future of our great club with a drink of your choice......THERE IS SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO.....have to go now as my first Glenmorangie has arrived.

Some of us are in work lol.

The future is very bright mate and yesterday was frustrating for a bunch of reasons. But with Kun...somethings off. It's been off for us and it's been off for Argentina. Purely looking at it in money terms, I think now is the time to sell. And again, the day he leaves will be a very, very dark one for us all.

I know. it's been happening gradually over 2-3 seasons. He was electric on his debut against Swansea but injuries have taken their toll. He's still a great striker, but he's not as quick as he was. I'd sel him because you can see he's on a downward curve. We need to think about what's coming next

Still quick enough. The whole team is going through changes and you decide one of our best ever striker is the one to get rid.

What Aguero doesn't do so well is attack crosses and we put a lot of crosses in these days. Yesterday it was about all we did. I don't understand why people are saying we played well. I can only recall one good passage of play, which led to de Bruyne's miss. We used to break like that all the time. We're becoming a dull and scrappy team enlightened by the odd flash from de Bruyne and sometimes Silva. It wouldn't be bad if the defence was impregnable but the opposite's the case. Otamendi was atrocious yesterday. Kept getting under the ball in the air and selling himself on the ground. It doesn't take much to spook them. There's a lack of organization at the back. The only thing we are consistently good at is passing ourselves into trouble. The trajectory is definitely downwards at the moment.

If we want to protect the back four then we have ot set up with the two Ferns and Gundogan in midfield, with Fernando in front of the back four for 90 minutes and the one of the other two alongside him at any one time. But then we can only play 3 of Aguero, Silva, KDB, Sterling, Nolito, Sane, Navas, Jesus and Iheanacho.

I just think we would be easy to defend against with that midfield. Might not concede as many but teams who come to us, often come for a draw. This would help them no end.

We should have beaten Everton and Boro with the chances we have had and yesterday we had the chances to win. Basically Kun hasn't taken enough of his chances this season and de Bruyne isn't scoring enough for someone of his quality. Add to that the comedy defending of Ottamendi yesterday, Clichy against Boro and Everton and Stones against Southampton and a keeper who looks like he will never be a match winner and we have problems that may take some time to solve.

You know what?

If Pep wants to keep this total football nonsense going without having suitable players, just go all in.

Play a back line of

Navas....Yaya...Stones.....Sane

Because truth be told, it would be better than any of the current dross playing there, and at least we'd have some pace in 3 out of the 4.

Good post, I said similar yesterday, good choice of scotch, but has to be Bushmills where I come from :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.