City v Chelsea (u18 PL)

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 8 Apr 2017.

1. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

I suspect the author looked at City's Line Up for the 2nd Leg in 2008, and forgot that Sturridge was injured.
    However, I think he's got a point, when you consider that Chelsea have won so many youth tournaments in recent years, yet John Terry is still their only Academy player to start a Premier League game this season.

It will be interesting to see how far the current City youngsters progress, and judging from previous Youth Cup teams, it's not necessarily the obvious candidates who make the grade (could anyone seriously believe in 1986 that the lanky right winger would be the first to be capped for England?)

2. lancs blue

lancs blue

Tbf it would almost certainly have been Lakey but for the injuries.

3. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

champions league games, fa cup games against premier league opponents or high flying hudderfield. we tried a weakened and more youthful approach against the scum. and they won silverware

4. summerseat blue

summerseat blue

Street walker
    These lads are 16 17 years old only the best of the best play in a top team at this age. ffs give them a chance to develop before selling them off.

5. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

You were correct. It was a fantastic watch. Foden was fantastic As was our goalie Muric, Coveney and Francis getting better with every game. 16 year old Gonzalez and 17 year old Poveda brilliant prospects with 3, 16 year olds coming on as subs

6. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

did well until he got clattered and picked up an injury

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Agreed,i really enjoyed it.
    I thought Gonzalez was a proper handful,he's fast as fuck and built like a tank.....in a couple of years i can see him destroying any defender,a fantastic prospect.I also agree about Coveney,he looks very comfortable and accomplished on the ball and he reads the game and times his challenge's(despite the card) brilliantly.

Foden was just Foden - magic! Decent debut/intro for Garre too.

8. BJL_City

BJL_City

wow, 1 game where a senior pro got bullied out of a duel which cost us the game winning goal.

9. summerseat blue

summerseat blue

Street walker
    Seen Gonzalez a couple of times before today but couldn't believe how fast he was today, just burst pass players like they wer'nt there.

10. cadds92

cadds92

Hi mate.

You reckon Tammy Abraham and Charlie Colkett will get a look in next season?