City v Chelsea (u18 PL)

His research is a bit lacking, he left Sturridge out of his list of post-2000 Youth Cup winners who went on to get full England appearances.

First time I've seen Garre and Duncan today, considering they were stepping up an age group both looked very comfortable. Gonzalez is remarkably quick, he may end up faster than Sane!

I noticed that our forwards were up against physically bigger defenders (as usual vs Chelsea) but we looked more able to deal with that than in the previous couple of years. Gonzalez looks a stockily built lad and Poveda's solo run in the first half owed as much to his determination not to be outmuscled as it did to good skill.

For Chelsea, Hudson-Odoi looked the most threatening attacker and will need watching carefully in the Final.

I suspect the author looked at City's Line Up for the 2nd Leg in 2008, and forgot that Sturridge was injured.
However, I think he's got a point, when you consider that Chelsea have won so many youth tournaments in recent years, yet John Terry is still their only Academy player to start a Premier League game this season.

It will be interesting to see how far the current City youngsters progress, and judging from previous Youth Cup teams, it's not necessarily the obvious candidates who make the grade (could anyone seriously believe in 1986 that the lanky right winger would be the first to be capped for England?)

I suspect the author looked at City's Line Up for the 2nd Leg in 2008, and forgot that Sturridge was injured.
However, I think he's got a point, when you consider that Chelsea have won so many youth tournaments in recent years, yet John Terry is still their only Academy player to start a Premier League game this season.

It will be interesting to see how far the current City youngsters progress, and judging from previous Youth Cup teams, it's not necessarily the obvious candidates who make the grade (could anyone seriously believe in 1986 that the lanky right winger would be the first to be capped for England?)
Tbf it would almost certainly have been Lakey but for the injuries.

Well I'm right, so more fool you. When Pep turns back to Navas, Delph, Vinnie and Yaya after ditching them, he's snubbing youth. No reason based on his current team selection why Maffeo, Garcia, Diaz, Foden and Sancho couldn't have had more game time.

champions league games, fa cup games against premier league opponents or high flying hudderfield. we tried a weakened and more youthful approach against the scum. and they won silverware

2nd half was a glorified shop window, where 8/9 players on the pitch for us might as well have had "For Sale" tags on their kits. If the likes of the above had been given minutes here and there and given a chance over players Pep clearly doesn't want and is now shoehorning back into the team, they'd have been ready for more time today, or at least no less ready than those who were ditched for 3 months before being called back to play RB.

These lads are 16 17 years old only the best of the best play in a top team at this age. ffs give them a chance to develop before selling them off.

1100hrs Academy stadium (free entry)

I believe its also being shown on the Facebook channel https://www.facebook.com/mancityacademy/

Given last nights EDS game,it will be a slightly weakened side,but i still expect a quality and entertaining encounter - the perfect way to warm up for this afternoons main event!

You were correct. It was a fantastic watch. Foden was fantastic As was our goalie Muric, Coveney and Francis getting better with every game. 16 year old Gonzalez and 17 year old Poveda brilliant prospects with 3, 16 year olds coming on as subs

You were correct. It was a fantastic watch. Foden was fantastic As was our goalie Muric, Coveney and Francis getting better with every game. 16 year old Gonzalez and 17 year old Poveda brilliant prospects with 3, 16 year olds coming on as subs
Agreed,i really enjoyed it.
I thought Gonzalez was a proper handful,he's fast as fuck and built like a tank.....in a couple of years i can see him destroying any defender,a fantastic prospect.I also agree about Coveney,he looks very comfortable and accomplished on the ball and he reads the game and times his challenge's(despite the card) brilliantly.

Foden was just Foden - magic! Decent debut/intro for Garre too.

Seen Gonzalez a couple of times before today but couldn't believe how fast he was today, just burst pass players like they wer'nt there.

Hello all, Chelsea fan.

I haven't seen the game yet but well done to your lads.

Both sides were weaker than they will be for the final. Only four of today's Chelsea line up are likely to start the final.

I was intrigued to see if the clubs would go all in chasing the national title, or if they would stick to the policy of 'playing up'. In the end, I'm glad both clubs put player development first and selected the lads who normally appear for the EDS squad to play last night, instead of in this fixture.

Hi mate.

You reckon Tammy Abraham and Charlie Colkett will get a look in next season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.