City v Everton 1900hrs 03/03 (Live on FB channel)

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by eyejay51, 3 Mar 2017.

1. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Matt Smith is a diamond! Still only 17, plays full back, defensive midfield and I think loves to play a more expansive midfield role but wherever he plays he gives you everything and very often competes for MotM as he did tonight.

Diaz might not have been at his best because everything he tried didn't come off but he was the main threat to Everton all night and let's not forget he is about 4 foot 6 inches tall and they were mostly giants. Scored one and assisted with the other aint half bad. Sancho struggled tonight but it was against 2 or 3 most of the time and Everton were in park the bus mode plus was he reall playing as a wing back? Tough role for him which I felt inhibited his natural aim of taking people on. He was better in the 2nd half and great that he scored yet again.

Really good win and if certain Everton players are't going to play ay this level anymore I cans ee them struggling to hold top spot. Tom Davies, Holgate and a striker all elevated to the first team squad and may stay there.

2. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    Every time we play there are shed loads of neandathals (SP....Drink induced) who come out with this shit.

It's the same with the fb comments ....Is Jesus playing? Etc.

The general public both home and abroad are thick as pig shit.

3. ColinLee

ColinLee

I had a quick check and from both squads yesterday:

Everton
    Mateusz Hewelt - Polish
    Antonee Robinson - USA
    David Henen - Belgium
    Beni Baningime - Congo (eligible for England)
    Bassala Sambou - Germany (eligible for England)
    Harry Charsley - ROI (depends on your point of view)
    A couple (?) of Welsh lads in there too.

City
    Kongolo - Holland
    Fernandes - Spain
    Diaz - Spain
    Ambrose - France

With scousers, if your name isn't Jonjo or Johnpaul then you're classed as a foreigner.

4. alib

alib

Went to this game last night. My first EDS game and really enjoyed it.

Everton were poor and lacking any threat going forward but City's back 3 were very good.

In the second half City's class and pace up front paid off with 3 goals in 10 minutes. Everton only really showed anything going forward at 3-0 down and obviously went into the game looking for a 0-0?

City were a lot better when Ambrose came on and Diaz dropped back into the no. 10 role where he is best suited.

5. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    Murkyside (aka Candlepool); the land that time passed by. Now there's nothing wrong with being thick (I should know!), but they give thick a bad name.

6. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

There is a wealth of talent emerging at all levels over at the Academy. If five or ten percent continue in the same vein and develop then we'll have some cracking players!