City v Huddersfield post match

Just watched the match for first time on tv.
In first half kdb made 3 misplaced passes & had 2 through balls intercepted .. one that went for city throw in.
In second half he made no misplaced passes & was caught in possession 3 times, all in one 10 minute spell.
Not forgetting he was a handball & the width of a post away from 2 assists. He was also fouled several times in the middle during the first half turning his man & would have been in good space. Not all that bad!
Strange cause at the match I thought he'd not had a good game. Shows the quality he usually plays at I suppose.

He definitely misplaced, at the very least, one attempted through ball to Sterling down the RHS that went out for a GK. Pretty sure there was more than one in the midfield area. I'll watch it tomorrow as I am working from home. Maybe I was wrong.

He definitely misplaced, at the very least, one attempted through ball to Sterling down the RHS that went out for a GK. Pretty sure there was more than one in the midfield area. I'll watch it tomorrow as I am working from home. Maybe I was wrong.

No you remember it well. The one to Sterling was actually a through ball and was way off. I pegged it as a pass. & the two i mentioned were in midfield. So bang on.
Still not bad across the match. Won the ball back a few times in the second half too. But did seem abit more off the pace than normal ?

No you remember it well. The one to Sterling was actually a through ball and was way off. I pegged it as a pass. & the two i mentioned were in midfield. So bang on.
Still not bad across the match. Won the ball back a few times in the second half too. But did seem abit more off the pace than normal ?

Ah right. Fair enough, RH. I'll still watch the game anyway. I do enjoy re-watching games knowing we won :)

I had the misfortune of listening to it on talkshite whilst on my way somewhere for work. Danny Higginbotham when talking about handball said he had never known a player deliberately handling a ball and the rule should be changed. Then 10 minutes later after the first goal went in he said every player has moved their hand towards the ball deliberately at some point in their careers. It was one of the most bizarre sections of commentary I have ever heard so much so I thought I must have imagined it at the time but it was definitely real.

Ironic cheers for Bravo clearly pissed off Pep and that was the probable cause of the manager's pointed glowing post match tribute of the goalkeeper's passing.
Pep rightly wants the fans behind every player he puts on the pitch or the shit stirring media will fuel their negativity towards us. I hope we don't become spoilt fans and turn into Rag and Tarquin boo boys.
Excellent point, and for those who think that Pep is unreservedly supporting Bravo, from the interview I heard it was only his passing that he was actually praising, he's obviously lost confidence and anyone who thinks booing him will help CItys performance has a screw loose.

FWIW, I agree that Kev wasn't the best last night, misplaced passes and caught in possession. No big deal but definitely not a good evening for him.

I have no idea why you would think Pep has not got in his ear and within the public domain he has been nothing but complimentary even after poor performances.

At some point he has to be played again and, again Pep has removed him for the high pressure premiership matches and played him in the lesser cup games.

How you can possibly deduce Pep could be at fault is pure crazy. From the outside he could not have done more to support him or assimilate him into the team.

The only people at fault are the fans ridiculing him.
Thats the point though, pep took far too long to drop him, and it now looks like the damage is done.

Saying that "his performance was amazing and his saves helped us win" is going overboard and isnt helping he media circus around him.

Also, constantly playing with defenders who offer him no protection. Bravo is constantly facing strikers 1 on 1, which seems to be a systematic problem, and pep has to take some blame for that. Not all of it, of course, but some.

Rags are now saying sane should have been sent off for showing three fingers to ref. In all red top rag press. Load of bollacks if you ask me, but they say if rag player had done same it would have been red card, makes you laugh ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.