City v Huddersfield post match

I agree with this. I think when we see Kev have a bad game u have to look at the level of difficulty of his "mistakes" hes either making a magnificent pass or merely inches away always. For me he is as irreplaceable as anyone.

And his involvement in the match - which is probably more than any other player apart from Merlin

23 passes to goal (including the two prior to the beginning of the video). Special mention to Bravo for the chip that relieved the pressure from the high press and Garcia for the two one time half volley passes that opened up the midfield on two occasions during that passage.

That goal is as good a goal as we'll ever score for me, I've just watched it again, and passes apart, we have about 40 touches of the ball in little over a minute, and only 2 of our players don't get a touch, Sane and Clichy.

(It actually reminded me of one of our horror shows in europe against Bayern, the one that was put to the benny hill theme tune.)

No lol.

Was my birthday, not 40 yet. 11 years to go haha.

I had to sit in the family stand on Wednesday and the guy behind us didn’t shut the fuk up for the whole 90min waffling on with his sons about absolute nonsense. Might not sound bad but everyone around us were thinking, Christ, shut up! ha!

Some of the rubbish he was saying was unreal. They didn’t take a breath for the whole 90. Bet his wife loves it when City play so she can relax. I was trying to start songs so I couldn’t hear anymore of his boring, long, loud stories and awful football opinions.

De Bruyne had a 'shit or bust' kind of game imo, like Gerrard, Beckham & to a lesser extent Lampard used to do, for England (the reason they couldn't/wouldn't play together).

Worked very hard, played some killer passes, also got caught on the ball on numerous occasions trying to overdo it when a simple pass was needed, & attempted far too many 'Hollywood' balls when the team would have been better served & more dangerous, with a quick simple pass forward.

It was very much Gerrard, for me: 'If I attempt enough unlikely passes, one or two will get through' .When it works, it looks fantastic but that much of it spoils City's effectiveness as a team & makes us prone to the counter attack as so many players are running forward when he loses the ball/gives it away.

Also, Aguero scored another near post goal. I recon he's scored as many there since Jesus arrived, as in the rest of the season prior. If he continues the rest of the season making plenty of runs in there, rather than almost always pulling back or going far post, he will likely top the scoring charts by ten goals.

I had to sit in the family stand on Wednesday and the guy behind us didn’t shut the fuk up for the whole 90min waffling on with his sons about absolute nonsense. Might not sound bad but everyone around us were thinking, Christ, shut up! ha!

Some of the rubbish he was saying was unreal. They didn’t take a breath for the whole 90. Bet his wife loves it when City play so she can relax. I was trying to start songs so I couldn’t hear anymore of his boring, long, loud stories and awful football opinions.

Chap next to me was constantly slagging off the players, did my head in effing and jeffing.

What are the rules regarding fouls and intent?

I know the ref can give a card if they deem the player intended to cause injury, but what about other offences?

Just wondering, as their defender clearly intended to handle the ball in the area even though he never connected with it from what I saw on the TV. Although the BBC didn't highlight it much (imagine if that had been Stones or Otamendi?).

What are the rules regarding fouls and intent?

I know the ref can give a card if they deem the player intended to cause injury, but what about other offences?

Just wondering, as their defender clearly intended to handle the ball in the area even though he never connected with it from what I saw on the TV. Although the BBC didn't highlight it much (imagine if that had been Stones or Otamendi?).

I'm pretty certain it's not a booking for trying to handle the ball. He'd have been booked if handball had been given, but on the assumption that it wasn't handball, the ref proceeded correctly.

The main part of the laws describing things says:
A player is cautioned if guilty of:
• delaying the restart of play
• dissent by word or action
• entering, re-entering or deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission
• failing to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game (no specific number or pattern of infringements constitutes “persistent”)
• unsporting behaviour

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
• attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)
• changes places with the goalkeeper during play or without the referee’s permission
• commits in a reckless manner a direct free kick offence
• commits a foul or handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack
• handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful) or in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal
• makes unauthorised marks on the field of play
• plays the ball when leaving the field of play after being given permission to leave
• shows a lack of respect for the game
• uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball (including from a free kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands
• verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart

I'm pretty certain it's not a booking for trying to handle the ball. He'd have been booked if handball had been given, but on the assumption that it wasn't handball, the ref proceeded correctly.

The main part of the laws describing things says:
A player is cautioned if guilty of:
• delaying the restart of play
• dissent by word or action
• entering, re-entering or deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission
• failing to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game (no specific number or pattern of infringements constitutes “persistent”)
• unsporting behaviour

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:
• attempts to deceive the referee e.g. by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)
• changes places with the goalkeeper during play or without the referee’s permission
• commits in a reckless manner a direct free kick offence
• commits a foul or handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack
• handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful) or in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal
• makes unauthorised marks on the field of play
• plays the ball when leaving the field of play after being given permission to leave
• shows a lack of respect for the game
• uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball (including from a free kick) to the goalkeeper with the head, chest, knee etc. to circumvent the Law, whether or not the goalkeeper touches the ball with the hands
• verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart
Thanks.

I think what annoys me more is the fact that the Biassed Broadcasting Corporation chose not to even mention it. One of ours and it would have been played on a loop and headline news on their website.

Thanks.

I think what annoys me more is the fact that the Biassed Broadcasting Corporation chose not to even mention it. One of ours and it would have been played on a loop and headline news on their website.

Didn't Nevin or Murphy comment (bizarrely and illogically) that the ref got it right because we scored?
I think the fact that the ball went in within about 20 seconds negated the importance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.