City v Hull post match

Saw it at the ground and on motd it was a shocker again.

I have to agree. He was having a great game up until he had to do what a keeper is supposed to...... stopping the ball going into the net! It was said as a joke on here by many that we should put an outfield player in goal if we want someone good with their feet, but I honestly believe if we did they would make a better fist of saving some of the ridiculously easy goals he has let in.

Hilarious.

It's gotta be a parody post right? "What's that Guardiola ever done besides win all those trophies". Hahahaha.

Anyway. Thought we were good yesterday. Not excellent but then coming off the back of two very disappointing results if not performances, good will do.

Delph was excellent, as was Raz, but my MOTM was Stones. He was a colossus. People keep saying he needs a leader next to him, I don't think that's necessarily true. Another six months with Pep he will own that back line.

Surprised how many people are going on about Bravo and that goal. It is what it is. You can say he should've done better but frankly that's a bit harsh and if it was almost any other keeper including the recently elevated to sainthood status Joe Hart, we'd be excusing it.

I'm glad De Bruyne didn't make an appearance either. He needed some time out of the team.

From memory, I think Bravo only touched the ball once with his hands and that was to take the ball out of the net on 85 minutes.
If Pep thinks he is so good with his feet then play him in midfield and bring in a proper keeper.

Second half display was good, but only 3 shots on target in the first half was a disgrace.

The left winger went past navas at ease 3 or 4 times in the first half. To me that is not someone that did well. Agree he did put 2 or 3 really good crosses in, a surprise in itself, but keep picking him there is going to cost us at some point.

Grosicki did have an active start, but pretty much that was it. And after missing terribly that shot from outside our box, his confidence dropped dramatically so did his concentration, failing to mark Navas (check the play leading to 1-0, for instance) who had a party from his side throughout 90 minutes. Trust me, Silva was not happy with Grosicki's game last night, not happy at all. As for Navas' marking on Grosicki, I would expect Guardiola to protect him, the boy lacks experience as RB, it would be sensible to instruct one of the 2 DMs to cover him (the way Fabian offered cover to Gael's side during the 2nd half vs Chelsea, for example, and there was a reason for that). For me it's not Navas to blame...

On the contrary, as I said Navas was very active during the whole match. And after Sterling cutting in more central areas (a pattern successfully introduced in the latest stages of the recent Liverpool match), practically City became asymmetrical in their formation, with Navas covering alone the whole right flank! It was impressive that Guardiola trusted in him for that, not Gael. The boy's confidence (despite lacking regular match practice) grows by every game, his work-rate is outstanding, one of the best City players last night...

I wouldn't be surprised if it proves out to be that Navas still has a future at City. It's highlly probable that the club will sign a top player for the RB position (with Pablo, Bachary leaving), Navas could remain as his (or / and Raheem's) back-up. Cannot predict Guardiola's intentions regarding Maffeo (which could have an influence on the issue), let alone Navas' views on being a squad player. In any case, he deserves respect, as he constantly gives his best every time he enters the pitch...

From memory, I think Bravo only touched the ball once with his hands and that was to take the ball out of the net on 85 minutes.
If Pep thinks he is so good with his feet then play him in midfield and bring in a proper keeper.

Second half display was good, but only 3 shots on target in the first half was a disgrace.
I thought we were trying a shoot on sight strategy, but mostly they were well wide, however it's worth a dig as Spurs showed and Delph of course.

I was looking at my paper this morning, and we have KDB, Sterling, Silva all at or near top of chance creation table. We have Sane now as well, and Navas. And we have only one out and out striker. Would it be fair to say that in a previous season, in front of those players, Aguero would have got more than 16 league goals? Sounds a bit harsh to criticise him when he has 10 in 10. I know that. But someone explain to me why when we are top of the possession charts, and have players like Silva, KDB and Sterling who are creating chances, why are we struggling for goals.

Navas, Silva, Delph, Sterling did well. I still thought we struggled a little bit to create chances. First two goals were a bit lucky.

I'd settle for that every week....A comfortable win

2nd goal lucky. Open thine eyes, and you will see.

It's gotta be a parody post right? "What's that Guardiola ever done besides win all those trophies". Hahahaha.

Anyway. Thought we were good yesterday. Not excellent but then coming off the back of two very disappointing results if not performances, good will do.

Delph was excellent, as was Raz, but my MOTM was Stones. He was a colossus. People keep saying he needs a leader next to him, I don't think that's necessarily true. Another six months with Pep he will own that back line.

Surprised how many people are going on about Bravo and that goal. It is what it is. You can say he should've done better but frankly that's a bit harsh and if it was almost any other keeper including the recently elevated to sainthood status Joe Hart, we'd be excusing it.

I'm glad De Bruyne didn't make an appearance either. He needed some time out of the team.

Completely agree.

I think Stones would benefit from playing with Vinnie as I think he could learn some things from him but he has natural leadership qualities. In yesterday's wonder goal, you see Stones directing Yaya into space to receive his pass. His recent performances have been a step up from where he was. He needs to master the diagonal long ball and notch more goals from set pieces and he'll have a chance of being one of the world's top centre backs.

Completely agree.

I think Stones would benefit from playing with Vinnie as I think he could learn some things from him but he has natural leadership qualities. In yesterday's wonder goal, you see Stones directing Yaya into space to receive his pass. His recent performances have been a step up from where he was. He needs to master the diagonal long ball and notch more goals from set pieces and he'll have a chance of being one of the world's top centre backs.
I think he needs to master defending first. He's been very good recently and I think he could be a future captain for us, but I don't think he is very good at one v ones. When an attacker runs at him he backs off way too much into his own box and they normally get a shot away.

People keep saying he needs a leader next to him

This is on my list of cliches that don't mean anything and don't have any practical value as far as I can see.

Over the years I've somehow gathered that this means somebody who shouts a lot and enjoys slide tackling.

I thought we were trying a shoot on sight strategy, but mostly they were well wide, however it's worth a dig as Spurs showed and Delph of course.

I was looking at my paper this morning, and we have KDB, Sterling, Silva all at or near top of chance creation table. We have Sane now as well, and Navas. And we have only one out and out striker. Would it be fair to say that in a previous season, in front of those players, Aguero would have got more than 16 league goals? Sounds a bit harsh to criticise him when he has 10 in 10. I know that. But someone explain to me why when we are top of the possession charts, and have players like Silva, KDB and Sterling who are creating chances, why are we struggling for goals.

They're all good at creating chances but also spurning chances. In quick succession yesterday SIlva (poor contact) and Sane (failure to lift the ball) missed chances, and when Sterling did cut the ball back into a dangerous position, Sane was on his heels and the chance was again passed.

I keep banging on about it, but we are quite a slow paced team, and the time it takes us to shift the ball makes it easier to defend. We've also become rather predictable across the front three, with players holding their positions and a lack of interchange amongst them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.