City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAG

Anyone else not too bothered about Sterling missing this one?

Well, for one, I would take the three points we got on Saturday over him being available so if that was the choice, would take those two extra points every time ... but second, I can't remember him having a good game for us against that lot since his transfer across ... so I am actually viewing this as a blessing in disguise!

Anyone else not too bothered about Sterling missing this one?

Well, for one, I would take the three points we got on Saturday over him being available so if that was the choice, would take those two extra points every time ... but second, I can't remember him having a good game for us against that lot since his transfer across ... so I am actually viewing this as a blessing in disguise!

I posted this on the Liverpool thread yesterday:

Liverpool were excellent but Arsenal allowed them to do exactly what they wanted (isolate the wing backs and control the midfield).
We need to match their system and go 4-3-3. Walker and Mendy will hopefully demonstrate why we were so keen to sign them against two players in great form (Mané and Salah).

Communication between all our defenders will be key with the movement of their front 3. Even more key will be controlling the midfield so I can see De Bruyne being moved out wide to make room for Yaya or Gundogan if Pep thinks he's ready (NB. after chatting to someone at the CFA it is unlikely Gundogan will be available but we'll see).

Ederson

Walker Kompany Otamendi Mendy

Fernandinho Yaya/Gundogan

D Silva

De Bruyne Aguero/Jesus Sane

PS. Sterling has been one of our best players so far (including preseason) so I think he will be missed.

Would be funny as hell if Sanchez signs for us this week, plays next week (again) against Liverpool but ends up winning 4-0 this time :D

Pep needs to be the pragmatist he was for Barca home, rather than the Monaco away idealist.

Liverpool are far ahead of us in terms of fitness. They have played Hoffenhiem twice, both hugely important matches and played well for the most part.

I would sign off for a draw right now, anything more and I will be very happy. It is too early for us to play Liverpool, we have many new players and it will take some time for them to bed in.

Pep must play 433 again. Playing Dinho is a huge risk IMO he he been giving the ball away a lot lately and with Liverpool's pace they will capitalize on his mistakes.

Yaya played very few minutes so I don't know if he is even fit enough to start. Hopefully he is. Gundogan would be good there but I highly doubt he will be fit enough to start such an important match.

My team is

------------------Ederson-----
Walker---Kompany--Otamendi---Mendy--
---------------------Yaya-------------
-----------Bernardo----David-----
De Bruyne--------Jesus----------Sane-----

Jesus has to start. This midfield 3 is very press resistant and will be perfect against Liverpool, Yaya and the two Silvas rarely lose the ball which will be important as Liverpool's front 3 will be anxiously awaiting the chance to pounce on a misplaced pass and counter with lightening pace.

If we can get to the around the 70th min mark without conceding we could easily pull off the win as well as Liverpool are out of gas at that point.

I am expecting Sanchez to join so when he does he plays in place of Sane :)

Arsenal made Liverpool's front three look like world beaters on Sunday. although they are very good and speedy players, we need to cut off the space behind the fullbacks. Feel as though 4-3-3 would fit us better ,but playing Fern as the defensive mid could be suicidal. At least they wont park the bus and should be an entertaining game as long as the ref doesn't decide it.

I'd like to see

....................Ederson.............
........Komp.....Stones.....Oti........
..Walker.........................Mendy....
........B.Silva...YaYa.......D.Silva....
......................KDB.............
..............Agureo........

For this game anyway

The fact that Fern is classed as DM makes no odds to me as if he's in or not it doesn't seem to stop the vulnerable fast counters against us so we need to take our chances when in possession and rather have YaYa in who's more likely to create or score a goal

Just my opinion

How happy are you that we have pace at full-back now that we play liverpool?

------------------Ederson
Walker----Stones--Kompany----Mendy
---------------Fernandinho
--B.Silva.....KDB.....D.Silva....Sane
..................Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.