City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 9 Sep 2017.

1. Shads

Shads

Solicitor
    Of course. I used to joke "I love my dad very much but I wish he had supported the scum!!!" Funny thing there was a hard core of City fans in my school in the late 80's and early 90's and no matter how bad it got we never once wavered in our support for City. But the dirty scum would get all lairy if anything didn't quite go their way. I pray we never become that 'entitled' as a fan base.

2. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Good point. We have seen enough to know that Otamendi can't play on the left-hand side of a back three against quick players but the general concern about our defence (much repeated in the media) is overplayed. Our defence last season wasn't that bad. We conceded few chances but Bravo had a nightmare. In fact we have conceded just seven goals in our last 12 premier league games (an unbeaten run). If we maintain that we could achieve the best defensive record in our history! With Walker, Mendy, Ederson, Stones and Danilo we have a strong unit. We need to resolve the Vinny injury issue one way or the other.

3. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    And thats the thing..first time,no hesitation..you have to be a damn fine ,technically brilliant footballer to fire in such a range of crosses in such a natural fashion without needing a second touch for reassurance...i am well impressed.

4. Ghandi's Flip Flops

Ghandi's Flip Flops

Reaction from a couple of La Liga fans while watching the game highlights

5. Wreckless Alec

Wreckless Alec

Which only goes to show what a biased and ignorant set of bastards the entire British media are when it comes to City. Two fans of the two best club sides in the world and with no axe to grind, a) full if admiration for Aguero, KDB and Silva (none of whom make it into our domestic team of the year), b) in raptures about the quality of our play and c) without a second's hesitation identifying Mane's challenge as a red card offence.

6. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Yep

7. rnblade

rnblade

Defender of Her Majesty's Realm
    THIS!

8. Ladybarn Blue .

Ladybarn Blue .

Plus one more .

9. kiam06

kiam06

Absolutely spot on.

10. Burnage Burnsy

Burnage Burnsy

Cook at Los Pollos Hermanos
    Yep - I recently had a long weekend in Copenhagen and saw a bit of Sports reporting - lots on English premier League and the difference in positivity about City was astonishing. Watched a 10 minute programme on how great David Silva is.