City v Napoli Youth Game

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by cyberblue, 17 Oct 2017.

1. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

It's been ironed ;-)

2. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

We didn't have any full backs today as we played a 3.5.2 system. But yes Davenport is a holding midfield player really and whilst Rosler has played full back quite a bit I think he would also prefer midfield. So quite a makeshift back 3. The wide forward players Matondo and Garre were not really expected to be dropping back to make a 5 when we didn't have the ball.

Thought it worked quite well and we dominated the game apart from the crazy start to the second half where they upped their game and we got sloppy.

3. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Now there is a strange comment! Why would you think/say that?

4. bellbuzzer

bellbuzzer

coffin-dodger
    xlnt :)

5. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Thought it was a lot better from Davies than what we have seen last season.

I really liked the cf, missed a few but obviously a player, hard worker & unselfish/clever team player, unlike the wide players who just played for themselves.

6. twosips

twosips

Seen Nabil (the CF) about 4/5 times and really, really liked him. Scored a few brilliant CF type goals (proper Shearer style finishes) so he's got that to his game, definitely, as well as the all round game too. Most encouraging CF i've seen in the academy in a few years in my humble opinion. He's only a first year too so really young. Loads of room to improve.

7. citizens_1976

citizens_1976

I thought Benjamin Garre looked a player. Very skilful.

I would start Diaz and Muric in the cup v Wolves with Garre on the bench personally. Foden would have made the first 11 for me had he not been away in India for the WC.