City v Norwich FA Youth Cup QF

Was at the game and thought it was pretty comfortable for City. Only time Norwich really caused any problems were when City were their own worst enemies and took their foot off it a bit. Really should have been 3 or 4-0. Nmecha missed a couple of decent chances.

Brahim goal was beautiful. That video doesn't do it justice. In the main everyone played pretty well, but not quite at 100% (Brahim excluded who was clear MOTM for me). Sarmiento had a bit of a shocker, which was disappointing as it's the first time I've seen him play. Sure he'll bounce back though.

Brahim Diaz looked sensational. Every time he was on the ball you felt something good was gonna happen! Garcia had a good game and a fantastic goal. The defence was solid again. It's gonna have to be a very good team that knocks us out of this competition.

Like has already been said I thought it was fairly comfortable for city, tbh I think they can play much better than they did, although the opening 25 mins was good. Can't see us conceding that many goals with tosin and humphreys at the back with Davenport in front of them. Got to say I like the look of Davenport tidy little player. Brahim had a good game especially first half, he's got a fantastic attitude to go with his talent always gives 100%. They will have to up it tho for the next round

Good to see the young ones progressing and getting that winning mentality about them. U18's Northern Champions & FA Youth Cup Semis is already a very good season, hopefully more to come.

Like has already been said I thought it was fairly comfortable for city, tbh I think they can play much better than they did, although the opening 25 mins was good. Can't see us conceding that many goals with tosin and humphreys at the back with Davenport in front of them. Got to say I like the look of Davenport tidy little player. Brahim had a good game especially first half, he's got a fantastic attitude to go with his talent always gives 100%. They will have to up it tho for the next round
Davenport is quietly building himself a good reputation,i havent seen enough of him to make any sort of appraisal......so who would you say he resembles in ability and style?

Davenport is a very good player and was mom against Wigan in the previous round.
He does remind me of Glendon in is football ability but is a lot better defensively.
He doesn't half break a lot of attacks up and reads the game better.

Davenport is a very good player and was mom against Wigan in the previous round.
He does remind me of Glendon in is football ability but is a lot better defensively.
He doesn't half break a lot of attacks up and reads the game better.

Personally would say he has a better range of passing too. Hugely intelligent defensively and a right little terrier who fires into challenges almost De Jong-esque at times. Any team he's in always looks more secure when he's about, put it that way.

Here was my match report if anyone fancies a read....

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/03/01/fa-youth-cup-city-u18s-2-0-norwich-u18s-match-report/

"Brahim was magnificent. Not everything the 16 year old tried came off, and he did quieten a little in the second half as Norwich turned the screw, but his spatial awareness and exemplary technique were fully on show for the first hour. His goal was excellent, and there were countless times where he embarrassed his opposition defender with his ability to drop his shoulder and change direction within a millisecond. Garcia too had a strong game. " etc etc... :)

Here was my match report if anyone fancies a read....

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/03/01/fa-youth-cup-city-u18s-2-0-norwich-u18s-match-report/

"Brahim was magnificent. Not everything the 16 year old tried came off, and he did quieten a little in the second half as Norwich turned the screw, but his spatial awareness and exemplary technique were fully on show for the first hour. His goal was excellent, and there were countless times where he embarrassed his opposition defender with his ability to drop his shoulder and change direction within a millisecond. Garcia too had a strong game. " etc etc... :)

Good read as usual.

By the way, I saw you lamenting the fact Manu Garcia hadn't got a medal for the League Cup on twitter. If true, it's only the club to blame as they get given 23 (we used 23 players incidentally) and can request as many more as they like to be made.

So either Manu is getting one, he just didn't get presented it because he didn't play on the day, or it is the club who are being tight bastards by not paying up for a few extras to be made.

Personally, I'd give one to everyone who played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.