City v Palace post match

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those that come on here week in, week out bemoaning the few chances we offer up the the opposition now and then in between banging in the goals at the other end need to realise its the system Pep plays and it wont ever change.

Christ 2 goals conceded and 1 of them an absolute worldy and still some are not happy pmsl.

Looks like it's not only opposition fans that are led by our media portrayal ;-)

Last edited:
This has been going on as long as I have been going to football which this year will be fifty years ( Jesus...that is frightening lol! ) Everyone sees things differently but sometimes I am amazed at some of the crap people come out with. When we first signed Sterling I was getting the bus back into town after a game in which he had scored and had a good game. There was a woman with her partner, she was around late forties to early fifties who was slagging Sterling off, he was crap, rubbish, garbage etcetera. Everyone was flabbergasted but no matter what we said she hated him. Incredible! If you listened to some of our fan's at games you would think you were amongst the away fan's.
These are the same people who think reality TV represents the real world & have no concept of critical thinking.

Before coming to City, Guardiola was widely regarded as the best manager in the world, & it now transpires that it was Pep in his final season at Bayern who told City to get Sterling & KDB.

Sterling is still a kid in footballing terms & still has a lot of maturing & learning to do & we knew that when we bought him, so if he's good enough for Guardiola, he's more than good enough for me, because Sterling was better than any of the City bred youngsters we had at the time.

Sterling will likely never recover for leaving the media darling that is Liverpool. They demonised him to cover the fact they could no longer keep their very best players, & the media helped to complete the job for them.

THEN we had all the stories about substance abuse, his Mum's gold coloured sink, his blingy ride, leaving his girlfriend & my personal favourite; losing England the fuckin World Cup!

Sterling is one of us, & the least he should get from us is our support & respect. So the next time you hear someone cursing Sterling, do what I did to a friend of mine.... I asked him 'So if Sterling was your 20 yr old boy, all the abuse you & others are giving him would be perfectly fine with you?'

After blustering on for a minute about football being a mans game & they should expect abuse, I pointed out to him, that giving abuse still doesn't make it right, ESPECIALLY when it comes from his own fans!

Some of our fans really don't deserve what Sheikh Mansour has done for our club.

Any rags/etc cop it at the time,i'm in the flapping group and there is the abusing our players group and they disappear as soon as we score,it's a pub full of footy fans all together in one thread lol

The usual suspects are well known trust me ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.